Meerschaum pipe question.

Dutchman

Hello,I'm new to the forum so bare with me.I would like to know if pipesdepot on eBay is a reputable seller of original Meerschaum pipes?
This is my first one.

Listing info.

Ultra deluxe Ornate/sugar skull figure pipe

By master carver ALI

Master piece

HAND CARVED PIPE FROM BLOCK MEERSCHAUM

IT IS BRAND NEW PIPE UNUSED UNSMOKED

6?inch long

2.1 inch high

1.4 inch wide

.7 inch bowl diameter

1 1/2 nch bowl depth

Lucite stem

delrin fittings

pull-push stem.

Thanks All info. welcome.Dutchman. :cool:

Last edited:

Yakster

Hi @Dutchman, I ordered a Falcon meerschaum bowl that came with a nice tamper from them last year for March Meer Madness and had a great experience with them as a seller. I chose them based on recommendations from others on here for purchasing Falcon bowls. I don't have experiences buying full pipes from them, however.

xrundog

Old Pipe Dude
Sales
Yeah, the pressed stuff has the feel of porcelain. And it's heavier. I've seen some older pressed pipes in traditional shapes. I had a WDC canted billiard that was pressed meer. Very weird. It weighed like 3 times what I was expecting from meerschaum. I have never seen or even heard about a figural made of pressed meerschaum.

blackmouth210

Friendly Misanthrope
Patron
2 things about the "lick test".

1. You can moisten your finger and test the chamber walls. Which is nice, since we're not all sickos that go around licking things. Lightly moisten your finger, place on the chamber wall for a moment, then slide your finger over the surface. If it wants to stick, it's block. If it slides smoothly it's pressed.
2. You can only use the moisture/lick test in an unsmoked chamber. Smoked pipes will likely not provide proper results.

Bubbagump

Patron
I’d recommend sticking to brands that you see brought up here. I.e. Baki, Tekin, IMP, Altinok,WGM, etc. I’m sure there are plenty of others that make good block meers, but I prefer to stay with known entities that have a “briar type” delrin tenon.

Buy a know brand from a legitimate vendor to avoid having to rely on a “lick” test.

Yakster

I lick 9V transistor batteries to check if they're still good. Doesn't everyone?

I was on a roof of a building to hook up a security camera, I believe, and hadn't brought my voltmeter with me so I licked a pair of wires going to the camera mount to see if it was live. I'm glad it was only 24 V and not 120 V. It was live. I only had my Leatherman with me and it was one of those one last things to do before leaving the site and I was feeling lazy.

My dad would lick rocks at a rock shop to see the color. The owner handed him a spray bottle of water and explained that you don't know which rocks the dogs have peed on so you shouldn't lick them.

The acorn doesn't fall far from the tree, I guess.

Bubbagump

Patron
I lick 9V transistor batteries to check if they're still good. Doesn't everyone?

I was on a roof of a building to hook up a security camera, I believe, and hadn't brought my voltmeter with me so I licked a pair of wires going to the camera mount to see if it was live. I'm glad it was only 24 V and not 120 V. It was live. I only had my Leatherman with me and it was one of those one last things to do before leaving the site and I was feeling lazy.

My dad would lick rocks at a rock shop to see the color. The owner handed him a spray bottle of water and explained that you don't know which rocks the dogs have peed on so you shouldn't lick them.

The acorn doesn't fall far from the tree, I guess.
:ROFLMAO:

blackmouth210

Friendly Misanthrope
Patron
Flick-with-stuck-tongue-animated-gif-a-christmas-story-40073834-500-282.gif

Top Bottom