What's new

Mister Moo

jdto

Moo and I shared a fondness for straight razors, honing and shaving, as well as for pipe-smoking. I remember when he popped up over at the old Straight Razor Place. It was a treat for me to see that cow avatar on another community I liked. He certainly took to it and gained a lot of knowledge and became somewhat of a guru for many around PSF, where he shared his love of all things straight razor with the unshaven (or poorly shaven :bigyellowgrin:) masses.

We shared quite a few messages and discussed our mutual hobbies. He was always gracious and generous and I miss him greatly.

Kiowapipe

He really might have been the funniest guy at PSF. He was a handsome bastard with fantastic mustaches. He taught me that there's a place called Lizard Lick in North Carolina. He was a smart, friendly, and kind person.

It's absolutely certain that he was a huge influence on the tone at PSF, and was a major part of why this whole thing worked. I sure do miss him.

Deadfrog

Wyrd bið ful aræd.
Sales
Mr. Moo made me wish I shaved. I could have learned so much!

While I never had the opportunity to engage with him outside of regular forum posting, he was a man to admire. Quick of wit, knowledgeable on many topics, and as generous as a man could be. In the "selfie" thread on the old forums, he always had a good natured jab when I'd post a pic. I really miss that.

He was a special soul and while I miss his loss, it's really great hearing everyone's stories and anecdotes about him. It's those remembrances that keep him here with us.

WWhermit

He sent me coffee beans that he roasted himself once, and also some tobacco he thought I'd like.

I remember him telling a new pipe smoker that was struggling with how to load the pipe, "Did you put enough air in there?" It also made me rethink how I load a pipe, even though I'd been smoking a pipe for years.

A great old cow, he was.