Mushrooms

K Williams

Patron
I have a bunch that keep popping up in my yard the last two weeks. Should have taken a picture before cutting, and throwing them in the trash. All white, about 7" tall and 4" to 6" diameter caps. Wonder if they are edible? 🤔

gnossos

the pineapple on your pizza
Patron
I have a bunch that keep popping up in my yard the last two weeks. Should have taken a picture before cutting, and throwing them in the trash. All white, about 7" tall and 4" to 6" diameter caps. Wonder if they are edible? 🤔
Depends on a lot of variability, but I wouldn't eat anything out of a lawn anyways due to fertilizer and stuff. Could be meadow mushrooms, could be horse mushrooms, could be destroying angels... need a bit more info that "white mushroom" to help, haha

I found about a chicken today! A pound once cleaned. And now we're getting more rain for the third or so time in a week, so hopefully more will pop after this.

K Williams

Patron
Depends on a lot of variability, but I wouldn't eat anything out of a lawn anyways due to fertilizer and stuff. Could be meadow mushrooms, could be horse mushrooms, could be destroying angels... need a bit more info that "white mushroom" to help, haha

I found about a chicken today! A pound once cleaned. And now we're getting more rain for the third or so time in a week, so hopefully more will pop after this.
I'll take a picture next time. 👍🏼

gnossos

Patron
Was at a scout camp yesterday and came across some fun guys...get it? If geographical location is needed to identify, I am in the northern Virginia area...
View attachment 72572 View attachment 72573 View attachment 72574 View attachment 72575
Bottom right looks like it could be a cauliflower mushroom, perhaps, which would be a neat find. I've only ever seen one, completely dried out.

I forget the name of the other. Not edible but pretty. Some kind of amanita. I recall looking it up because I was hopeful that I had found some caesars, but the white gills are the sure sign it's not if I recall correctly.

gnossos

Patron
Those are Jack-O-Lanterns. Poisonous.
The second or the first? The one that has me curious is the second because what I can see from the pictures, the gills seem like they could be wrong for honeys, but I thought jack-o-lanterns were more orange

I don't keep ringless honey mushrooms in general because I'm not 100% comfortable with them because of stuff like this, but I do keep the ringed version... curious to hear if you think my above line of thinking is on the right path.