My cat is drawn to perique

Terminus

Drink Water, Walk It Off
Patron
So I have noticed when I come in from smoking outside sometimes my cat would go for my hands, really sniffing/licking/rubbing on it like I was catnip. Sometimes she wouldn't. Well I nailed it down to perique. VA doesn't do it, but VaPer she goes nuts, even tried to chew a finger. Weird cats!

Olmstead

PSD Slow Smoke Winner
I've always kept a cat around, just one, for a low-maintenance companion animal. My 'new' cat, Pete, loves tobacco. Every time I have some out, he comes over to investigate and smell it. Then when I light my pipe, he watches in awe at the wisps of smoke. He loves to sit nearby or on my lap while I smoke my pipe.

The other night Pete put his nose right on my snuff spoon - which was covered in snuff - and he got the fine, dry snuff all over his nose. He started making the most hilarious faces and running around like a maniac. He also loves pie, no joke.

Merk3030

Sales
Patron
I've always kept a cat around, just one, for a low-maintenance companion animal. My 'new' cat, Pete, loves tobacco. Every time I have some out, he comes over to investigate and smell it. Then when I light my pipe, he watches in awe at the wisps of smoke. He loves to sit nearby or on my lap while I smoke my pipe.

The other night Pete put his nose right on my snuff spoon - which was covered in snuff - and he got the fine, dry snuff all over his nose. He started making the most hilarious faces and running around like a maniac. He also loves pie, no joke.
Sounds like he would get along just fine on this forum!

SmokeRings

Patron
My dog couldn't stand my pipe, he never cared for any sort of smoke really, guess that comes from having a snoot that smells things a gazillion times more strongly than ours, the couple of cats that have been around over the years were indifferent at best about smoke, neither seeming to like or dislike it

RedScot

My cat - Blueberry the kitten - loves Ennerdale. My wife's cat, a longish-haired blue named Abigail, prefers lighter smokes. All it takes is a whiff of virginia and she's in my lap.
Cats are definitely weird. The dogs (and all the dogs I've owned in the past) turn their noses up at tobacco, and avoid smoke if possible, while cats are almost always at least curious about it. Abigail's gotten a nose covered in snuff more than once.

tipofthelake

Ignorant Wretch
Patron
My cat has never shown any interest on the rare occasions that I have had a pipe in the house. The pup gets VERY excited if she sees me with a pipe as it almost always means we're going for a stroll, and she is always trying to sniff my pipe when I am smoking lakelands, so I think she likes them. Another reason she's a good dogger.