What's new

My Father

Stinger4me

The relationship between father and son can be challenging at times. I say that because I have been on both sides of the fence and spoken with others who have been in the same location. You handled it well and I send my condolences to you. Sometimes I think there are challenges each day, family related. Take those one step at a time.

Merk3030

Patron
@mongo I hope the pain of your loss eases over time and that your loving memories are cherished. I have faith in everlasting life. In that place we all have been reunited with our loved ones. May your father Rest In Peace and may peace be with you.

mongo

A mixed day today. I picked up my half of Dad’s ashes. That was a little weird. But also went over to his home and mended some fences with his wife. We are good now. One bit of laughter... there was a pretty huge typo on his death certificate... he was listed as female! We both got a big laugh out of that. Don’t worry... got the certificate properly amended.

kxg

My sincere condolences to you and your family. I lost my dad 13 years ago and I can say the pain has subsided to a significant degree. The memories that felt painful at the beginning have now turned sweet and I enjoy those moments when something triggers a memory of his particular way. Time is a great healer.