My Favorite Blend: 2022 Edition

PipeIT

Wow this is really a tough, when you consider how many great blends that are out there.

I’m the pipe smoker that always like to try out blends, I find it exciting, hey I didn’t coin the phrase TAD! LOL 😆

So... hmm, here’s a few (Sorry if some of this seem like Unicorns)

KBV - The Patience of Dr. Silence
Unicorn Turds - Tilbury, Brighton, Dorchester, Dunbar
SG - Squadron Leader, St James Flake
GH & Co. - Ennerdale, Bosun
WCC - Elf Dandruff, Rougaroux

Next month, who knows what I’ll be loving next, waiting to get my hands on Germain!

Russ H.

Mr. Fruity Pebbles
I have discovered a mix blend thanks to @Russ H. from Boswells. It is a 50/50 blend of Boswell's Dan's Blend and Premium Burley.
I really have pretty much smoked that exclusively for the last year with no plans to stop. It is mild, just enough flavor for this unsophisticated palate and I have yet to have a bad bowl.
Of course I have smoked other tobaccos, but this is the one that is my go to.
I discovered this by smoking both bends, and deciding that the addition of the lightly cased ribbon cut Dans blend would add a little of that Virginia goodness to the Burleys, and Cavendish in the other blend. It was something that I began to truly enjoy because it isn't a over powering palate killing blend unfit to smoke over, and over. At the time I was searching for something that reminded me of those old school blends that smelled good when I was a child. I describe this mixture as a very high grade OTC made of good base tobaccos. It isn't a blend that will be extreme as far as flavors go, but it has just enough going on to be on a level above tobaccos leaving one ask--"where is the flavor?" What makes me super happy is the fact that I could share this idea of mixing the tobaccos together, and others could find the enjoyment that I get from it. It's about as easy going, and can be smoked over, and over all day without ripping your tongue, and throat tobacco that I have found. Even my Father remarks when I smoke it that it reminds him of the smells of yesterday when pipe smoking was so prevalent. That was what I was searching for, and I got really lucky to find it by mixing the two. I find myself always going back to it even after smoking many other blends. I'm just so happy others enjoy it like I do.

norniron

My three favourite tobaccos would have to be Gawith and Hoggarth Dark Flake, Revor Plug and S.G's 1790 flake.
However these three are quite similar in type, so I would need a change of pace now and then, a balkan and a Virginia/perique
perhaps. St James Plug or Germains 1820 Flake ( when I can get it) fit the bill.

toadgoblin

It's easy money for me:
Nightcap. Any time anywhere, though Ten Russians is threatening it, and I never thought anything would come close to usurping it.

Second I guess is some sort of Vaper, but I haven't quite narrowed it down. I'd like to find a favorite that I can get in bulk. But if I only had one of those Englishes and a nice Vaper I'd be set for life.

Zembla

It's easy money for me:
Nightcap. Any time anywhere, though Ten Russians is threatening it, and I never thought anything would come close to usurping it.

Second I guess is some sort of Vaper, but I haven't quite narrowed it down. I'd like to find a favorite that I can get in bulk. But if I only had one of those Englishes and a nice Vaper I'd be set for life.
Yes, Ten Russians is also wonderful, as is Byzantium, if you have never tried that one.

Top Bottom