Feet up, pipe lit
So I have been organising my pipes and tobaccos collection over the weekend and installing lights in my pipes cabinet, I love looking at other people’s pipe collections so thought you guys might like to see some pics…I have been pipe smoking for about 4 years now, so it’s a small but growing collection…
I am preparing and staining wood batons that will go on the bottom of each shelf in front of the lights to hide them and tidying up the holes/wiring and then it will be finished. They are philips hue strips, so going to play around a bit with the lights a bit.
With living in Romania, but being from England and working with Americans, most of my tobacco purchases are based on reviews online and taking a chance and hoping I like them…I am looking to build up my cellar this year based on testing, especially plugs and flakes I want to get into more, with the so kind and generous help of Sir Saartan I will be trying out flakes more and learning properly how to prepare/smoke them!
My favorite pipes/interesting to me, in my collection are:
* The Bilbo, Aragorn and Gandalf pipes from the LOTR movies, these are the Vauen pipes that are exact replicas of the pipes they made for the movies and then were licensed to sell for a year or 2 after the movies…they took me a long time to find, especially unsmoked. I also have a Gilg pipe for actually smoking....searching daily for the final pipe in the original collection, the Gimli pipe...
* Pipe with gift tin and tobacco, from 1914 that was part of the gifts that Princess Mary gave to all the frontline soldiers in WW1
* Peterson Mark Twain 1985 Gold LE pipe, no: 213 of 1000 made
* Peterson Mark Twain Poker, one of 2 made for the Peterson Dublin store display.
* Dunhill 1935 pipe, made for and smoked by George Sidney the director.
* Dunhills from 1924, 1940, 1943 and 1986
* Not pictured is my new Barling pipe from 1872.
* Kaywoodies from 1936 and 1940
* PSD POTY from 2018 onwards…the 2020 one will join them soon!
My next project will be to make a matching cabinet that will hold 10 of those Michaels soda crates on runners to make them like drawers…
Hope you enjoyed looking at my fledgling collection, would love to know what interesting pipes/favorite pipes you guys have!