Name a Tobacco you Dont like

ClintonvilleLeather

Sales
It’s definitely changed from way back, but give it six months in a jar and try it again. I smoke a lot of Pegasus, and I don’t like it very much at all when fresh. I’ll typically buy a pound, jar it, then give it a year before I start smoking it.

I think it ships so fresh that it just doesn’t have time to really “meld”, I guess.
Allright, I can finish the old tin in the meantime. It tastes a lot like a D&R product to me which definitely improves over time.

Wilblee

Patron
Only blend I really really disliked was CD’s Visions of Syphilis
I came here to post C&D Visions of Celephaïs. I bought the Old Ones series after re-reading one of August Derleth’s Cthulhu Mythos collections and while I was watching Lovecraft Country. The first one I opened was VoC. I haven’t opened any others, yet. If their goal was to achieve Lovecraftian horror in a tobacco, well done.

After typing the above, I noticed that the date on my tin was over a year old so I thought, ”Why not?” And loaded up a bowl.

Yeah, no.

BlueMaxx

"Foo Was Here"
Patron
I came here to post C&D Visions of Celephaïs. I bought the Old Ones series after re-reading one of August Derleth’s Cthulhu Mythos collections and while I was watching Lovecraft Country. The first one I opened was VoC. I haven’t opened any others, yet. If their goal was to achieve Lovecraftian horror in a tobacco, well done.

After typing the above, I noticed that the date on my tin was over a year old so I thought, ”Why not?” And loaded up a bowl.

Yeah, no.
I did the same exact thing as you did and bought one tin each of the series, except I haven’t popped any of them yet....and from all the feedback I have read plus even being a Lovecraft fan may not be enough to keep them.

JRobert

Nuclear Moderator
Staff member
I know right? But the cost of postage to send it on is higher than the cost of the tobacco.
So throw it in a trade or a bomb as an extra, join a box pass, or mix it with something. I know people say "life is too short to smoke bad tobacco" and maybe I am just too frugal (aka cheap) but I hate to see smokable tobacco going in the trash, especially when everything is getting harder to buy and more expensive.

I should just know better than to read this thread.

mingc

1792 Flake.

"Gosh, this stuff looks and smells amazing."

first few puffs

"Flavorful stuff...I think I like it!"

several more puffs

"Uh-oh. Something's not right here."

moments later...

"Holy mother of God! The room is spinning!"

a few moments after that

(censored)
The room really did spin on me. I'll never again smoke 1792 on an empty stomach.

Last edited:

Cappadoc

Well the interesting thing about pipe smoking is that the blend you love today you may hate tomorrow and vice versa. I’ll tell you what I do dislike is tobacco snobs. There is not such thing as good or bad, there is only what you like and what you do not like. Smoke and enjoy my friends!
Not a great tone to start a new member off.
Most of us have known each other for a few years and we often blow off steam or rib each other.
Please relax and contribute rather than chide the membership.

Ray Mackessy

GLP Union Square. I actually love love the taste but my entire mouth would get sore. NOT tongue bite. It lasted 24 hours. I must be allergic to one of the toppings. I've never experienced it with any other tobacco and I've tried hundreds.
You know you make a good point. There are some blends containing perique that cause me to sneeze something awful. It doesn't happen with every perique blend, just certain ones.