Need Help and Support- Trying to quit cigarettes

OK in my desperation I went out and bought myself a vaping device. Let us see about that.. will keep you posted on further developments and progress...
Learn about how cravings work and how to manage them. Then use the vape to help with that. Do not simply try to replace cigs with the vape - you won’t be breaking the habit and the reward potential of the vape will be less than the cigs. Bottom line: the vape should be a support tool as part of a broader plan.

Sidd

All Right guys I am really confused here again. With the latest death reported from Kansas related to vaping as they say I did some research in to it and found our the FDA is advising not to vape until they conclude their report. Some have been ill or have died with vaping THC filled e-liquids they purchase off the streets and some with normal nic based e-cigs. Trump planning to push FDA for a ban on flavoured e-liquids etc.

I just started off on a naked100 pod system and found this out. I do not want to go in to something worse than a cig in order to quit. There are people and opinions on both sides, some say all vapour may cause this illness and death some say the hype is induced by a push from large cig manufacturers etc ...

I might want to hold on till the FDA come out with a clear and conclusive report but then - just asking you guys here with some insight.
What the hell guys, this is becoming more like a goddamn riddle and a physics numerical for me rather than quitting journey :)

Merk3030

Patron
All Right guys I am really confused here again. With the latest death reported from Kansas related to vaping as they say I did some research in to it and found our the FDA is advising not to vape until they conclude their report. Some have been ill or have died with vaping THC filled e-liquids they purchase off the streets and some with normal nic based e-cigs. Trump planning to push FDA for a ban on flavoured e-liquids etc.

I just started off on a naked100 pod system and found this out. I do not want to go in to something worse than a cig in order to quit. There are people and opinions on both sides, some say all vapour may cause this illness and death some say the hype is induced by a push from large cig manufacturers etc ...

I might want to hold on till the FDA come out with a clear and conclusive report but then - just asking you guys here with some insight.
What the hell guys, this is becoming more like a goddamn riddle and a physics numerical for me rather than quitting journey :)
I have not educated myself with the current events surrounding vaping, but I strongly recommend Chantix. It worked for me and Ray Liotta. I didn’t even take it for the prescribed 6 months, more like two. As with anything medical, I would consult your doctorb and do your research.

You have a strong support system here, take advantage of this as well. I wish you all the best with your journey to quit.

SmokeRings

Patron
You can do it, but remember, even if you get down to one cigarette per day your going to have to go cold turkey from there, personally I just sweated it out of a few days and then things started getting better, please don't take this as criticism in a negative way, but losing track of how many you have in a day, or any other excuse is not going to do anything but delay you from quitting, this stuff is HARD, it is not impossible but the basic premise is that you are going to have to struggle to get off them, as anyone who started smoking cigarettes remembers you had to go through a relatively painful process teaching your body to inhale the smoke to start with, it's going to take some pain to get back out too.

gnossos

Russian spambot
Patron

The deaths are related to black market weed cartridges. They were mixing it with Vitamin E oil which is, as we’ve seen evidenced here, not good for you when inhaled. I’m unaware of problems from nicotine vapes but my guess is it’s similar.

That’s not to say that vamping won’t wind up causing your lungs to grow tentacles but you probably won’t drop dead suddenly from a Juul.

That said, be careful. Vaping is easy. There’s no “done”, you don’t finish a cigarette, it just keeps going, and soon you’ll find you’re vaping 10x more nicotine than you were smoking.

I quit using the pipe and nicotine lozenges.