What's new

Neglected Meer Revival

Blackop555

How long "after" was that picture taken. Is the coloring due to re-waxing, or from smoking it after you restored it? Sorry if that's a dumb question. I only own one cheap, sorely neglected meerchaum, and it looks a lot like your first picture.
When you wax you will see a deeper color which will fade with each smoke, but it will still be darker than before your waxed it. This looks to be right after and not smoked

Lionman

How long "after" was that picture taken. Is the coloring due to re-waxing, or from smoking it after you restored it? Sorry if that's a dumb question. I only own one cheap, sorely neglected meerchaum, and it looks a lot like your first picture.
The pic was taken about an hour after the wax bath. I have not smoked this pipe yet so I have no idea how well it will smoke. After the cleaning and repairs, I gave it the wax bath just to see how much it would color. I was surprised at how much it colored given the state of whiteness it had before. If it smokes well and I keep it in rotation I’ll know how much I added to it versus believing that I did.