New Labels for Two Friends?

Slow Tri

Is it Friday yet?
Sales
They're trying to make the line cool and captivating looking.
I agree. However, I had thought that the tattoo trend had sailed (pun intended) except for us diehards. No answer required. I just think that their mindset and marketing is confusing.

I smoke several of the blends of the two friends line. It does not bring to mind young punks with tattoos to me.

Or even old punks with tattoos like me.

Saint_klaus

Interesting that they kept valle crucis. Definitely a unique blend...

I need to try some "Turkish latakia" and see if it's worth the fuss.
That I know of I have only had it in the latest release of “From Beyond”. Was good…not sure if my palate is good enough to really unpack the difference between it and the Cyprian sort (and Syrian was dead before I picked up the pipe) but it seemed a bit different.

blackmouth210

Friendly Misanthrope
Patron
As per the aritcle excerpt above, they didn't change the recipes.
But...
I don't understand how they can change the component varietals in a manner that modifies the balance of flavor, improves performance, and flavor delivery and not consider this a change to the recipes.
These factors are the majority of what makes a blend whatever it is.

RevSmoke

I always thought their labels were a part of their charm while also showcasing their longevity. 🤷‍♂️

Agreed! The new labels are...
I don't know how to describe them.

I always loved the old C&D labels (Bow-legged Bear, Cross-eyed Cricket, and others) were whimsically funny. Whoever did that artwork must no longer be doing it for them?

Peace of the Lord be with you.

ThermionicScott

As per the aritcle excerpt above, they didn't change the recipes.
But...
I don't understand how they can change the component varietals in a manner that modifies the balance of flavor, improves performance, and flavor delivery and not consider this a change to the recipes.
These factors are the majority of what makes a blend whatever it is.
Perhaps there's some "cook with the ingredients you can get" going on, and C&D is being more transparent than most about it. I wouldn't be totally surprised if Turkish Latakia completely takes the place of Cyprian eventually, and C&D is promoting the former and rolling it out in certain blends to smooth the transition...

blackmouth210

Friendly Misanthrope
Patron
Perhaps there's some "cook with the ingredients you can get" going on, and C&D is being more transparent than most about it. I wouldn't be totally surprised if Turkish Latakia completely takes the place of Cyprian eventually, and C&D is promoting the former and rolling it out in certain blends to smooth the transition...

That would be understandable given the problems blenders have with consistency of components from year to year.

However, real transparency would lean towards admitting the recipe has changed given the alteration in performance and flavor balance/delivery.
Otherwise, they're not being any more transparent than the competition. They're just using another form of smoke and mirrors.

Ozark Wizard

Patron
Sales
Old Ted Award
I understand there's a finite amount of "× aged" leaf. When it's gone it's gone. I am just curious if when it's posited that blends were tweaked, modified, etcetera, will they still have the same profile or not? The tins could be labeled with a sharpie for all care.

SwampWeed

Black Twist & Black Beer
Sales
I understand there's a finite amount of "× aged" leaf. When it's gone it's gone. I am just curious if when it's posited that blends were tweaked, modified, etcetera, will they still have the same profile or not? The tins could be labeled with a sharpie for all care.
Probably depends on the tobacco. This post reminded me of gl pease Cumberland. Read his comments in the tobacco description here: 😂

OakBayou

However, real transparency would lean towards admitting the recipe has changed given the alteration in performance and flavor balance/delivery.
Otherwise, they're not being any more transparent than the competition.
Don't want to stir the pot, but I couldn't help but think of this when I was reading the thread about GH, particularly in regards to DBE.

OakBayou

Fair enough, I didn't watch the EweTube video, or...gulp...read the comments there. There's a rather large difference between the "community" that centers around visually-oriented social media that is powered by "influencers" (propagandists? thaumaturgists?), and the more text-driven and dare I say egalitarian forums such as these. And that goes for all number of "communities" beyond the pipe.

blackmouth210

Friendly Misanthrope
Patron
There's a rather large difference between the "community" that centers around visually-oriented social media that is powered by "influencers" (propagandists? thaumaturgists?), and the more text-driven and dare I say egalitarian forums such as these. And that goes for all number of "communities" beyond the pipe.

And yet here we are, dealing with the same misinformation.

Top Bottom