New Member from Arizona

Hello, everyone. My name is George and I'm looking forward to learning, getting to know folks and hopefully contributing something of value to this community someday.

I live in a suburb of Phoenix, AZ, have two young sons, love to golf and am a budding watch collector. Regarding the latter, I have the collecting gene and I'm drawn to things that are steeped in their own rich culture, whose origins and history are shaped by diverse geo-political and economic forces, are created by masters of their craft and about which provide unlimited opportunities to learn. I am, therefore, starting a new journey into the world of tobacco pipes after being struck by the variation of pipe shapes, materials, finishes and craftsmanship that go into building them. I also like to smoke tobacco occasionally and can't wait to begin my quest for the perfect smoke - quixotic as that may be.

Thanks for letting me be a part of your community.

RedScot

Welcome to the forum!
It may appear nonsensical to those averse to any form of tobacco, but pipes are interesting from both engineering and aesthetic perspectives. There are plenty of folks here that will enable your PAD.

Thanks for the warm welcome, everyone.

@snake - I will definitely check out Ye Olde Pipe and Tobacco Shop. Thanks!

@RedScot - I hadn't thought about the subject from the engineering standpoint, but now that you mention it, you're right. It just gets better and better.