Nic Sick?

MasterJoda

So I’ve only been straight up gonna loose my lunch once or twice from tobacco and it was always cigar related. I’ve gotten a little dizzy before from a pipe and there’s been a time or two that I’ve felt my stomach a little and said, hmmm that’s strong.

However, have any of you been on the verge of hurling/ I can’t stand up from a pipe?

The reason I ask is that yesterday I had breakfast and followed it with a bowl of C&D Bayou Morning (I think I’ve had it once before). About 30 minutes after my pipe and about an hour fifteen after breakfast I got crazy sick. I also drank a little more coffee than normal, but my caffeine tolerance has always been really high.

I’ve been trying to isolate the issue, because there was some taters in my breakfast that came from a bag where some others were rotten. There was also some bacon that had been open in the fridge for a week. But no one else had issues.

After about an hour and a half and a short nap I got to where I could stand, but it was probably 3-4 hours before I sort of felt normal again.

MasterJoda

Oh yeah, I smoked two MM freehand bowls of Nightcap back to back one day early in my pipe career and tossed my lunch. Whole nine yards -- sweats, dizziness, nausea -- yeah. But who knows in the end, maybe it was a combination of factors?
Oh yeah, I forgot the sweats

If you felt better after a few hours you likely had a strong dose of vitamin N. However, I ain't a doctor and I doubt even the doctors here on the forum would give advice without having first examining you. When in doubt, go see a doctor.
No offense to the excellent people in the medical profession, but at the moment, I’m avoiding all health care facilities at all costs. Obviously, I’ll go if I need to.

jpberg

Wicked Insightful
Staff member
Sales
To tune that up a bit, I drive into work with a bowl of Dark Plug and a cup of black coffee. By 930 or so I’m towards the bottom of second bowl and third or fourth coffee. If I’m not paying attention, I’ll start to sweat and get swimmy headed.
A bottle of water usually cures it.

MasterJoda

Once upon a time I made homemade shisha out of Burley red tips and smoked it out of a hookah.

20 minutes in, I stood up and fell flat on my face.

Took a little while before I could crawl inside and get myself to a couch to cope with the spins
I non-figuratively just laughed out loud when I read this. Not necessarily cuz it’s funny but oh so accurate to what I felt.

BSTpipes

That'll do, Pig.
Sales
Agreed, food/drink and bloodsugar...I am pretty sensitive to nicotine, and it has never changed, I just can't handle big-league stuff. So if the boys are comin over and we are going to have a smoke or two I make sure I have a tummy full of food and that there's lots of water, whisky, coke, snacks, whatever anybody could want for balance.

Arkie

If you feel the spins coming on go lie down and throw one leg over the side of the bed and plant your foot firmly on the floor to stop the spinning. If you can't get to your bed lay face down in your front yard, grab a clump of grass in each hand and hang on. This system works as well when you have had a wee too much to drink.

psquared

DGErwin, my horse would like a word with you...
Patron
If you feel the spins coming on go lie down and throw one leg over the side of the bed and plant your foot firmly on the floor to stop the spinning. If you can't get to your bed lay face down in your front yard, grab a clump of grass in each hand and hang on. This system works as well when you have had a wee too much to drink.
Right up to the point where you hurl.

MasterJoda

Never had this issue from a pipe, but I definitely have had it happen back when I decided cope was something to try and went for about as much as I always noticed the oldtimers putting in. Teenage me didn't know about building up a tolerance.:puke::roflmao:
I saw that happen to my cousin when we were kids. Our uncle chewed RedMan as long as I can remember, when I was about 11 or 12 and my cousin was 9 or 10 Uncle Dickie (yes, that was his name) offered us a chaw. I declined, my cousin did not. Ol’ Dickie got a kick out of that.