Nic Sick?

BlueMaxx

"Foo Was Here"
Sales
Patron
Being very new compared to most you folks, the one that has gotten me and I haven’t returned to it yet is Haunted Bookshop.
I do not recall if it was because I had an empty stomach or just what happened but it made me turn green and got sweaty, head spinning, clammy and sick but never upchucked.
I think I would have felt better if I would have....in fact I kept away from all the blends and smoking for several days and came back with a nice lightweight aromatic to get back on the horse.
I got about half way through the bowl after opening the fresh tin.
I keep it on top of my pipe case as a reminder.....having had one heart attack I do not need a blend that will open the door for number two :bigeyes2:

Greenbriar

confession time, at the beginning of the summer I had a bowl of dreams of Kadath which is one of my favorites and I’ve always smoked with no problem but this time for whatever reason it caused my very first total loss of stomach contents. Was not expecting my good friend to betray me like that. I’ve had stronger stuff before too without barfing. Go figure

Trying to lose some weight, I started eating only a salad for lunch and then smoked my pipe about an hour later, essentially on an empty stomach. About an 1/2 hour after my smoking session, my head started to spin and then the dizzying, waves of nausea came on, leading to dry painful, heaving. I was never so sick in my life and I thought I was having a heart attack.

I will never again smoke my pies without drinking something, and/or eating something sweet, like chocolate, etc. Nic hit is terrible when unexpected, and severe. Not fun!

Drydock

It's the unexpectedness that's so cruel. I'm NOT a vitamin N toughie and prefer medium and mild smokes. Have had a few cigars lay me out, but so far pipes have been kinder. I've also learned to go with small doses of the potent stuff, eat before hand and I prefer small bowls so...I'm setting myself up for safety. (y) Not to mention, my wife was there for one of my cigar sicks and she couldn't help but look both smug and scared while I was sweating and dry-heaving. Don't want a repeat of that either.

Trying to lose some weight, I started eating only a salad for lunch and then smoked my pipe about an hour later, essentially on an empty stomach. About an 1/2 hour after my smoking session, my head started to spin and then the dizzying, waves of nausea came on, leading to dry painful, heaving. I was never so sick in my life and I thought I was having a heart attack.

I will never again smoke my pies without drinking something, and/or eating something sweet, like chocolate, etc. Nic hit is terrible when unexpected, and severe. Not fun!
Correction: ...."I will never smoke my 'PIPES' without drinking"....etc.

It's official......I'm senile, I guess.

I used to have a lower nic tolerance- I used to also be really into Balsa filters but then I started smoking heavier nic tobaccos and around the same time ditched the filters and years later my tolerance seems to have completely changed. I can smoke plug, flakes etc. all day long without a problem. I rarely smoke ropes tho.

Every year I try my hand at making my own blend/cake/flake/plug usually from whole leaf flue cured virginias and such. I get all of my leaf from this company called Leaf Only. I found that the organic leaf they have are even more delicious/flavorful and tend to be a bit stronger in my opinion. I have a ton of various kinds aging currently. Some rolled and pressed others just still in leaf form. Every now and again I like to open up the aging boxes and get a nice whiff or break off a piece and have a test smoke. I definitely recommend aging these full leaf tobaccos because I made the mistake of smoking a nice good size bowl of this particular one.
AE684C67-89AC-4FF1-A6C7-29A3B1BCFCB5.jpeg

Although it had been flue cured it was so fresh still that the nicotine non-figuratively knocked my socks off- had to take my socks off because my feet started sweating! The rest of my day was spent on the couch sleeping it off. I’m not sure if it was just that batch or if the tobacco was just so fresh but I have not done that again. I find that the full leaf will mellow quite a bit after aging the leaf for a few months to a year.

I thought that TAD and PAD were bad enough but then I came down with a pretty bad case of LAD o_O after discovering this website which I will not post a link to because I do not want to be a dirty low-down filthy handed enabler - like so many others who hang around in these parts

:whistling:

https://www.leafonly.com/

:naughty:

Last edited: