What's new

Non-absorbent airtight snuffbox?

Frotz

cause something to give off light
Patron
I'm almost done messing with this teakwood Sharrow snuffbox rendering snuff stale after a few days. Waxing the inside didn't seem to help. Can I get some suggestions for a decent one?

SmokeRings

I'm almost done messing with this teakwood Sharrow snuffbox rendering snuff stale after a few days. Waxing the inside didn't seem to help. Can I get some suggestions for a decent one?
Are you looking for long term storage? You can use a similar solution to pipe tobacco, glass jars with bail tops...I use my teakwood box for about 3 days of snuff then reload it when I run out

Frotz

cause something to give off light
Patron
Are you looking for long term storage? You can use a similar solution to pipe tobacco, glass jars with bail tops...I use my teakwood box for about 3 days of snuff then reload it when I run out
Just for pocket storage. The thing is, a very small amount, half a teaspoonful, lasts a long time for me.

JustScott

I have a plastic box that I ordered from Amazon, but can't find them on there now. It is the same one you can see in the picture on the "plastic snuff boxes" heading on MrSnuff, but they don't seem to exist anywhere. Probably the company that made them is gone or something, or stopped making them. A site like the one linked above is probably your best bet. A small plastic screw-top container, maybe some Teflon plumber's tape on the threads, should work for you. I just checked the link from Spillproof's post, and there are screw-top 1/4 oz. plastic containers there that should work.