What's new

Off center and maybe defect? Please help

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really feel for Cohiba007. He paid some good money for a pipe that is not acceptable. The manufacturer let it through, knowing very well it was unsat. The vendor obviously did not inspect it and even if he did, he would not do anything about it. Simply because the argument is that they rely on the manufacturer for Quality Control. That is what a vendor told me recently. No joke. In other words, if SJ let it through, then it has to be sound, right?
As for SJ's warranty, it's just meaningless words, nothing more, as we can conclude from the answer to Cohiba007. No different than any other average business today. They'll tell you anything in order to sell and, once sold, it's the "Goodbye I don't want to see you again-unless you buy something else" principle.
Oh, you got a problem with your pipe? Too bad, not my problem.
This is today's way of doing business, gents. The vendor hides behind the manufacturer's QC process and lets the customer down. The manufacturer denies the evidence and lets the customer down.
Then, both vendors and manufacturers complain because people do not want to pay good money anymore on beautiful, handmade pipes.
Gee, I wonder why that is.

Status
Not open for further replies.