What's new

OK... looking into getting a Falcon. Help a newb out...

WalkinStick

Driving the Bandwagon
Sales
Patron
Old Ted Award Winner
Dental bit is this weird thing, which I guess you hook behind your dentures

View attachment 21244

I think what I'm talking about is the "multipurpose" bit a la

View attachment 21246
Yea, that bottom one is what i was thinking of. I’ve got a straight stem/slight bent bit with those grooves on it. I did, anyway. Haven’t seen it in forever.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

They’re cool and dry like a cob, and if any moisture builds up, you can just screw the bowl off, shake it out, and go right back to smoking.
Not to intrude on the opposing metal-smoking camp, but I saw this mention of shaking out a pipe mid-smoke. It seems to me, if you like the Falcon system, but you have to shake it out from time to time, you might like the Kirsten system even better.

There's no need to shake anything out. A man physically can't smoke wet enough to make it gurgle. Puff like a freight train, and it will remain cool and dry.

(Of course, if one puffs like a freight train, the flavor is extinguished -- turns out "wet" and "hot" are important feedback signals to cue the experienced smoker to slow the heck down!)

aGAKWq

Sales
Patron
My only experience with metal pipes is an H. Wiebe long bent. It's metal base acts as a reservoir that collect moisture, so when I forget and tip ashes the drippings could get things messy.

Sounds like the Falcon does not have this problem? I think I've seen pipe cleaners made into a circle and left in the cup below where the bowl screws on.

Seems the Falconeer says Do not take the pipe apart when it is hot. Wouldn't that include removing the bowl?

craig

I can't remember what they call it, but there's an in-between version of the dental bit and the regular bit that is kind of awesome. It doesn't have the huge lip that the dental bit has, but is has ridges that makes it easier to clench. The smooth ones I find very, very slippery so I keep mine in the car with some Middleton's Apple pouches and it's great for drives.

Anyways I'm sure this was helpful thanks good night.
multipurpose :) I have a few and in my opinion it makes little difference as I can clench the standard bit just fine

mdromero

I can't remember what they call it, but there's an in-between version of the dental bit and the regular bit that is kind of awesome. It doesn't have the huge lip that the dental bit has, but is has ridges that makes it easier to clench. The smooth ones I find very, very slippery so I keep mine in the car with some Middleton's Apple pouches and it's great for drives.

Anyways I'm sure this was helpful thanks good night.
I think they call that one the multipurpose bit.