What's new

OK... looking into getting a Falcon. Help a newb out...

kxg

Oh my, those are quite nice looking.
Here is the interesting part for me. I thought the whole deal with the falcon was to have one pipe with numerous bowls. What I seem to be discovering is, it remains multiple pipes, with a twist; multiple pipes with even more bowls. The combinations multiply! More fun acquisition ahead.

Langridor

a decent sort of chap
Patron
I am about ten bowls into the new Falcon. Very interesting. I get the coolness. I get the dryness. I like the lack of gurgling. I am getting new flavors out of the tobaccos I'm running through it. I am a fan. The smokes tend to be quicker, maybe I just need a bigger bowl. I’m sure I’m still smoking it too briskly though and I am really trying to smoke it just enough to keep it from going out.

I also wonder if practicing on the falcon will give me a reference for trying to smoke a briar in such a fashion to get a similar coolness and dryness.

Very interesting.

Ozark Wizard

I am about ten bowls into the new Falcon. Very interesting. I get the coolness. I get the dryness. I like the lack of gurgling. I am getting new flavors out of the tobaccos I'm running through it. I am a fan. The smokes tend to be quicker, maybe I just need a bigger bowl. I’m sure I’m still smoking it too briskly though and I am really trying to smoke it just enough to keep it from going out.

I also wonder if practicing on the falcon will give me a reference for trying to smoke a briar in such a fashion to get a similar coolness and dryness.

Very interesting.
Indeed! WZ8FQAZ.gif

mdromero

Very interesting.
@Langridor, you can go to GQ Tobaccos website and under Falcon bowls he list all the dimensions for each bowl shape.

blackmouth210

Oh my, those are quite nice looking.
Here is the interesting part for me. I thought the whole deal with the falcon was to have one pipe with numerous bowls. What I seem to be discovering is, it remains multiple pipes, with a twist; multiple pipes with even more bowls. The combinations multiply! More fun acquisition ahead.
Very true.
I have 3 complete Falcons.
3 bowls and 3 stems.
One stem and 3 bowls would have been more financially sensible.