Old Ted

MakDragon

Optomistic Curmudgeon
Patron
I do not know who the author of this statement is, but I found it in my Word documents when looking for those pics.
Thought it was appropriate.

"We do not honor a man by engraving his name or legacy upon stone or metal. It is by word of mouth, alone, that keeps a mans memory alive. Don't let your sons read his name with a fleeting thought. Teach them his name and the reason you hold such high regards to his name. Then and only then will you have kept him alive forever"

Russ H.

Fight The Good Fight
Ted (Dave W.) was a good person. As I came to the old forum I always liked his insight, and as his health failed his wife Trisha opened up, and signed in on the forum. We were always typing, and keeping up with Daves health, and right there in spirit right up until the end. I wish I could get in touch with her as I lost her email address. Dave will always be remembered by me. My avatar say it all, especially now with my Wife going through pure hell.
I will always, and NEVER forget him, and his beloved Wife Trisha. He is in my heart always. One of my biggest regrets is never being able to get one of his pipes when Trisha sent them over to be sold on the old forum.
May Dave W.--Old Ted forever rest in Gods eternal hands--I miss him.

Davidmackv

I really like Old Ted. He was very helpful to me when I first joined. He told me what kind of pipes I had and where they came from. He was very quick witted. He also shared his train photos with me. He told me not to bother with a wood lathe and buy a machinist lathe. I bought the wood lathe, sorry Ted. His insight is greatly missed along with his friendliness.

PiperAtTheGates

O.T. Dave, was a legend. We shared a fondness for some of the lakeland plugs and he put me in touch with a good supplier up in Leeds. I'm lucky enough to own four of Dave's pipes and have used the photo of them for my avatar even on the old site. A genuine gentleman, never to be forgotten and always appreciated. Still miss the ahl fella. TedsPipesandPlugs_zpsda0771ee.jpg

snake

permanent ankle biter
Sales
Patron
O.T. Dave, was a legend. We shared a fondness for some of the lakeland plugs and he put me in touch with a good supplier up in Leeds. I'm lucky enough to own four of Dave's pipes and have used the photo of them for my avatar even on the old site. A genuine gentleman, never to be forgotten and always appreciated. Still miss the ahl fella. View attachment 53841
So it's you who has that meer.
Good to see it's in a great home!
Here it was in a newer state: A416177B-F68F-42AB-A680-918DE6DA341F.jpeg