What's new

Original London Dock Question

PappyJoe

Senior Chief
Patron
I'm not asking about the current Daughters & Ryan version of London Dock. I have all the answers about that blend I need.
After looking at tobaccoreviews.com I am wondering if American Tobacco was the first producers of London Dock or was there some other company before them? I'm pretty sure John Middleton bought the American Tobacco Co. around the 1960s and apparently added rum to the tobacco.

I'm trying to get a timeline of when it was first marketed, when it went off the market, and when was it transistioned from an English to an Aromatic.

MakDragon

Former PSF Wizard
Sales
Patron
I am interested in this as well!
My wife's grandfather smoked London Dock and Granger.
I have some of his old LD tins that I rescued from his workshop full of screws and nuts and bolts.
He passed away in the late 60's early 70's.
I do not like the D&R version of LD at all.

PappyJoe

Senior Chief
Patron
I am interested in this as well!
My wife's grandfather smoked London Dock and Granger.
I have some of his old LD tins that I rescued from his workshop full of screws and nuts and bolts.
He passed away in the late 60's early 70's.
I do not like the D&R version of LD at all.
Take a look at the tins when you get a chance and see who it was made by. The old tin I have is from General Cigar & Tobacco.

As for not liking the D&R version, I agree it may not be for everyone.

mel64us

I'm not asking about the current Daughters & Ryan version of London Dock. I have all the answers about that blend I need.
After looking at tobaccoreviews.com I am wondering if American Tobacco was the first producers of London Dock or was there some other company before them? I'm pretty sure John Middleton bought the American Tobacco Co. around the 1960s and apparently added rum to the tobacco.

I'm trying to get a timeline of when it was first marketed, when it went off the market, and when was it transistioned from an English to an Aromatic.
In the '60s, as a 15 - 18 year old, I smoked a lot of London Dock. I don't know who was blending it then, but it was very good.