Orlik Golden Sliced SUCKS!

Is Orlik Golden Sliced even pipe tobacco?

• No, it's horrible

Votes: 24 11.7%
  • Meh, it's okay

Votes: 72 35.0%
  • I like it a lot

Votes: 97 47.1%
  • Best. Tobacco. Ever.

Votes: 13 6.3%

• Total voters

JustScott

OMG, it's ON-TOPIC CONTENT! For real, though... Further experiment, since I had the bowl of OGS and it was still Meh. I wanted to see if it was that I just don't like bright VA, maybe? So, I had some PSLNF that had been jarred for a year+ and thought I'd give it a try. It bites me now. It's so funny, most people on here seem to jar it for at least a bit so that it doesn't bite. It didn't bite when I got it and smoked a couple flakes, but now that it's rested, it's bitey for me. To make matters worse, I didn't really care for the flavor. I smoked the top 1/4" or so and dumped the rest. So, for me, OGS is still Meh, but LNF is unsmokeable. I would keep trying different brights, but I'm pretty sure I don't actually like bright VA unless it's blended with lots of burley. Live and learn...

ETA -- Don't wanna clog up the trade section with LNF that nobody wants, but if anyone does want 4 oz. minus about 5 flakes of LNF, PM me. And I'm not at all bothered if no one does, I have the space for the small jar, it will just sit and maybe get better. Or not, lol...

weePipe

OMG, it's ON-TOPIC CONTENT! For real, though... Further experiment, since I had the bowl of OGS and it was still Meh. I wanted to see if it was that I just don't like bright VA, maybe? So, I had some PSLNF that had been jarred for a year+ and thought I'd give it a try. It bites me now. It's so funny, most people on here seem to jar it for at least a bit so that it doesn't bite. It didn't bite when I got it and smoked a couple flakes, but now that it's rested, it's bitey for me. To make matters worse, I didn't really care for the flavor. I smoked the top 1/4" or so and dumped the rest. So, for me, OGS is still Meh, but LNF is unsmokeable. I would keep trying different brights, but I'm pretty sure I don't actually like bright VA unless it's blended with lots of burley. Live and learn...

ETA -- Don't wanna clog up the trade section with LNF that nobody wants, but if anyone does want 4 oz. minus about 5 flakes of LNF, PM me. And I'm not at all bothered if no one does, I have the space for the small jar, it will just sit and maybe get better. Or not, lol...
Well there’s your problem...
I don’t want to be shrewd but any true OGS connoisseur knows it’s always better when tin aged.
:thumb-yello:

Hugo Drax

So I had some 2011 OGS. Cracked the tin meself.

Holy meh. Serious meh. Like, if I was a little girl and wanted to sneak a pipe of delicate girly flavor without any adverse consequences like nicotine or strong smells, this would be a great smoke.

I love the flavor of this stuff. I just don't think I could smoke enough of it.

JustScott

One of the first non OTC tobaccos I had ever tried. Loved it and smoked it constantly. A couple(?) years ago, after a decade+ long love affair, OGS and I started to drift apart. I just couldn't muster up a care anymore. Used to be in my top 5, then turned meh and never looked back.
Same thing happened to me, but my affair with OGS only lasted about 2 years. I loved it until it bored the carp out of me.

Gunsmoke

Patron
Ok so I just got done smoking some 8 year old ogs (btw autocorrect just changed ogs to dogs I'm not making this up). If I remember correctly, bought a tin, didn't think much of it, and stuffed it in a jar. Well I have just revisited said tobacco and I am overwhelmed by its...
mediocrity. Yes ageing for 8years and it sucks. Add me to the pile.