Orlik Golden Sliced SUCKS!

Is Orlik Golden Sliced even pipe tobacco?

• No, it's horrible

Votes: 24 11.7%
  • Meh, it's okay

Votes: 72 35.0%
  • I like it a lot

Votes: 97 47.1%
  • Best. Tobacco. Ever.

Votes: 13 6.3%

• Total voters

tfdickson

Sales
Patron
You know, I voted “meh” when this thread first started but I’m going to have to change my vote to “I like it a lot.” It turns out that the secret to unlocking its true potential is all in how you pack it. It turns out that if you pack it with 30% perique it really comes alive.

3B4572E1-F86E-482E-A8AA-D92CF402F9C2.jpeg 80C4F5AC-006B-4EE4-96F3-CF3BE9F268E8.jpeg 4C7C76AF-AFFA-4D83-A1F5-8FE1B32008C9.jpeg

I got the idea from my friend and fellow pipe club member. Just this one little trick and all of a sudden it’s quite tasty.

tipofthelake

Reputable source, posts found on the internet
Patron
You know, I voted “meh” when this thread first started but I’m going to have to change my vote to “I like it a lot.” It turns out that the secret to unlocking its true potential is all in how you pack it. It turns out that if you pack it with 30% perique it really comes alive.

View attachment 63939 View attachment 63940 View attachment 63941

I got the idea from my friend and fellow pipe club member. Just this one little trick and all of a sudden it’s quite tasty.
Wait, all you have to do is alter the blend substantially and it's actually good? This changes everything! Someone needs to mix it 50:50 with dark flake and see if that wakes it up...for science.

tfdickson

Sales
Patron
Wait, all you have to do is alter the blend substantially and it's actually good? This changes everything! Someone needs to mix it 50:50 with dark flake and see if that wakes it up...for science.
It’s true! I even put it in a jar with a judge sticker on it so you know it’s genuine OGS.

0CF3B0E3-3CF7-474B-98CA-A22E88CCAA28.jpeg

I like your 50/50 Dark Flake packing method, I’m also considering the sprinkle-it-on-McClelland #24 method.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Currently smoking OGS ...as with anything, tastes vary. I love the difference in opinion/reaction to things in the pipe world. I really love this blend pretty much anytime but it smells like summer in a jar, imo.
If you really want to over-do it, make some iced tea using Earl Gray (bergamot topping) and then double down with OGS (more bergamot topping)

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

carter hall will not be razed, but rather will be run via collective ownership and will house victims of the prince’s reign of terror as they rebuild their lives.
I was just worried that killing PA would hit CH since they are made in the same plant

Seizing the means of production and eliminating the worship of royalty down at Middleton's sounds fine, just don't interrupt production ;)

det

After page 11 I put on my readers and was going to make a night of it but at the bottom of the page that last page arrow looked to appetizing so here I am. So.... I bought a new pipe recently and looked up good tobaccos to break in a pipe and in another forum orlik golden sliced was the stuff as well as some people liking it generaly. I have been smoking it every morning for I think 2 weeks now and will be a bit sad when my mastro geppetto is not dedicated to it. So I am in the like it alot and b and m bean dept. A reminder .. I am just back on the pipe wagon from smoking cigarettes for a few years and have yet to recieve my order of tombaloka and just smoked and and enjoyed bullseye in a falcon with a meerchum bowl.