P&C does it again!

SmokeRings

Patron
Those produce rules vary quite a bit. In Spain they don't like you to touch it and they choose for you, but in Portugal it's fine.

I will just add that the quality of produce here is freakin' unbelievable compared to what you get in most of North America (and yes, that includes Whole Paycheck). Gigantic, beautiful red peppers for example. But also the flavors. Fruits that actually taste like what their appearance would suggest rather than generic fruit flavor. The most amazing raspberries I've had since my dad's berry farm when I was a kid. Lakeland-style citrus that tastes like orange blossoms. Grapes are so grapey they almost taste fake. Snozzberries that taste like snozzberries. And all very cheap in comparison. Of course there are trade-offs, like stuff you just can't get, or imported foods being more expensive than you'd expect.
I think it was Afghanistan that I discovered that not all produce is the same, they had some honeydew and cantaloupe that I'd happily run the Dallas Dash again for, it was out of this world, and it definitely started me down the path of wanting to grow my own produce so as to be able to control as many of the variables that result in quality as possible.

GuitarSmoker

Wow. After going through these four pages of stories, it makes me glad I’ve stayed loyal to SP over the years.

Granted, I had maybe five orders to them over the years prior to this past December. But as my fiancé (who is currently sitting at our table going through our finances with some new app she’s found) will tell you, I’ve made every effort to make up for lost time since December. I mean I’m silver level already, for Pete’s sake.

But anyway, I’m more loyal to them than I’ve ever been to any non-mom-and-pop business IN MY LIFE. How have they earned such loyalty? Because their prices are great and their customer service is as rare as (insert something rare).

This thread makes me love them all the more.

Ozark Wizard

Old Ted Award Winner
Wow. After going through these four pages of stories, it makes me glad I’ve stayed loyal to SP over the years.

Granted, I had maybe five orders to them over the years prior to this past December. But as my fiancé (who is currently sitting at our table going through our finances with some new app she’s found) will tell you, I’ve made every effort to make up for lost time since December. I mean I’m silver level already, for Pete’s sake.

But anyway, I’m more loyal to them than I’ve ever been to any non-mom-and-pop business IN MY LIFE. How have they earned such loyalty? Because their prices are great and their customer service is as rare as (insert something rare).

This thread makes me love them all the more.
Silver? Bronze is as deep as I've ever gone.

Sasquatch

Wizzard
Staff member
And for anyone wondering, I bought a pipe from Vegas Smokes, nothing happened, no tracking, no nothing. I emailed them a week later and got told to wait. So I waited. Then I emailed again and got told it was lost in the mail. So I asked for a refund, and was told they'd already put a replacement in the mail. Queer but okay. So finally a pipe shows up, not the pipe I ordered, so I contacted them, and was told that the one they'd sent was even better than what I ordered, like I'd got lucky somehow. Fantastic stuff.

WalkinStick

Not a daisy at all
Sales
Old Ted Award Winner
And for anyone wondering, I bought a pipe from Vegas Smokes, nothing happened, no tracking, no nothing. I emailed them a week later and got told to wait. So I waited. Then I emailed again and got told it was lost in the mail. So I asked for a refund, and was told they'd already put a replacement in the mail. Queer but okay. So finally a pipe shows up, not the pipe I ordered, so I contacted them, and was told that the one they'd sent was even better than what I ordered, like I'd got lucky somehow. Fantastic stuff.
Now that’s customer service.

SmokeRings

Patron
That would not have made me a happy camper, and probably would have compelled me to make a few other phone calls

Lee D

^ not me
Patron
What do y'all think about P&C converting some house blends over to "blend at home" kits, where they send you the ingredients and you get out the salad bowl and tongs to create your 8 oz of Butternut Burley (or whatever)?

I am of two minds: it's not much trouble to mix up, so why not, if I still want to buy that blend? OTOH, I wish they'd either go to the trouble to still be able to offer the finished blend, or just list the recipe for the blend and let me place the ingredients in the cart. They don't need to tell me where they got each tobacco.

I also imagine this kit approach doesn't work for blends where there is casing or topping applied after the individual tobaccos are mixed, unless they are going to include a "flavor packet", like ramen noodle boxes.