Peterson tobacco, will it change?

WalkinStick

Not a daisy at all
Sales
Patron
Old Ted Award Winner
This.
To my taste, Hyde Park is kinda like GH&Co. Rum Flake toned down several notches.
Taste is subjective, so YMMV.
I’ve smoked a lot of Rum Flake over the years, and wouldn’t be surprised if Hyde Park is broken Rum Flake with a slightly modified(or even unmodifed) topping. I do know that GH makes(made?) HP for the Peterson lineup.

Sir Saartan

The Tan Saarlander
My prediction is that the blends could be identical, even so far as having a Peterson label put over the Dunhill label, and some people would swear that the quality wasn't what it used to be. :bangin:
I really could care less if other people think that. As long as I enjoy it, I'll smoke it. If I don't, there are plenty of other blends I love. No worries.

3 Olives

Patron
Sure it will! Every tobacco recipe, heck EVERY recipe changes. You can use the same ingredients from the same place in the same kitchen using the same tools as others and different people and get varied product. It's like Grandma making Betty Crocker's Apple Pie recipe. Tell me my grandma didn't make the best pie.

I dare you.
My Grammy was making pies before Betty Crocker was invented.

Chico

I haven’t bought any in a really long time. I’m curious what it’s like now.
I guess it's not a popular enough blend for people to have been saying, "It's not like is used to be!" for the past couple of years. Either that or it's a case of "what you don't know won't hurt you," or maybe even of STG making a perfect match. A lot of the recent reviews rhapsodize about its wonderful GH flavors, so...

Sir Saartan

The Tan Saarlander
I really could care less if other people think that. As long as I enjoy it, I'll smoke it. If I don't, there are plenty of other blends I love. No worries.
I‘ve just gotten my first tin of Peterson early morning pipe.
I have yet to do a side by side comparison, but my first impression is: you‘ll have a hard time telling the dunhill and Peterson apart. I will certainly buy several more.