Pipe Valets?

Condor

I found this picture of Condor.
I think it was after he won the 1956 Americas cup single handed?

View attachment 66067
(LOL ... that’s a good one 😂) ..... But Let me be serious for a moment . Once again, another adventure Naked . During the race I did only wear Sperry topsiders In rare chemically reconstituted Mastodon hide and bottomed in Burmese Rubber . You know the kind ! You can see them in a glass case at the N.Y. Yacht Club .

Last edited:

Hugo Drax

Yes, I'm married, 42 years so I know better. 🤓
A solid point.

My wife will caddy for me, but she won't fill or light them, more's the pity.

On a more serious note, I've never seen the need for this particular accoutrement. My pouch performs the task of protecting against spillage just as well, and my pockets contain the requisite sources of fire and tampering.

Swede

I've never seen the need for this particular accoutrement. My pouch performs the task of protecting against spillage just as well, and my pockets contain the requisite sources of fire and tampering.
Well you can on a peasant shoot (or a pheasant shoot) but in house it's hardly gentlemanly, is it?

Hugo Drax

Well you can on a peasant shoot (or a pheasant shoot) but in house it's hardly gentlemanly, is it?
One cannot use one's pouch indoors? I am unacquainted with this.

Of course, one shouldnt smoke around the ladies absent permission, but there's nothing inherently vulgar about a pouch.

Look, I'm not opposed. You want one, by all means purchase it. They're rather attractive. They just do not trip my trigger.

radrick96

Of course, one shouldnt smoke around the ladies absent permission, but there's nothing inherently vulgar about a pouch.

Look, I'm not opposed. You want oine, by all means purchase it. They're rather attractive. They just do not trip my trigger.
They are pricey. I’ve already gotten a pipe cabinet, custom pipe pouch, and custom tobacco pouch. I figured since I have collected stuff now though, the paper plate distracts from my setup.

Sure, I could get a custom zippo for the same price or a nice pipe, but I don’t need extra pipes and I prefer my matches now!

The next batch of Pipe Valet trays will be coming very soon!
Hope you have contacted him if you plan to order! He’s given me good service and been very helpful with applying my family crest to the tray/valet.

Swede

Look, I'm not opposed. You want one, by all means purchase it. They're rather attractive. They just do not trip my trigger.
Sorry, I agree! I was on a roll and couldn't stay serious.