Pipe Valets?

Ephooriis

Sales
The wife and I have gotten pretty fast in the software we use. So making any modifications are quite painless. I will keep you guys up on the progress and I am sure I will post a video on YouTube for one of these.

Ephooriis

Sales
@Ephooriis Bravo! If you decide to offer these to others, a small design suggestion: make the notch available in either lower right or lower left to accommodate both right- and left-handed users.
I can for sure flip the notch to the other side.

Really cool @Ephooriis! that area for the jar is awesome
Thanks

Not sure how I am feeling about the two slots in the top. One is just a bit to small for a pipe and one is to big. Debating adjusting those.
FF853EE1-976A-4FE4-8614-E14FC2B45B72.jpeg

Bach6032

That is nice. Please let us know what you think once you have it in hand.
@blackmouth210 OK...as promised. The valet arrived yesterday and I've had enough time to take it for a test drive.

(+) The marketing piece for this promised black walnut as the wood. I confess to having been a little skeptical, but it is walnut. And it's a handsome piece, to boot.
(+) The machining and finishing rates a solid B+. The thing appears to have been made with precision. The finish is a satin (photo will confirm).
(+) The price was appealing: $30.
(+) The right-hand notch works fine for me. I'd thought that a left-hand notch might be a good option but now that I have one in hand it probably makes little or no difference.

(-) The piece is on the smaller side. The smallest notch will accommodate a Bic lighter standing on end, but it won't fit any other way. The medium-sized area is fine for a plug knife or matches...not much else.
(-) A pipe will fit in the medium-sized area but not too comfortably.
(-) A minor issue is that the whole piece is very slightly cupped, meaning that it doesn't sit perfectly flat on my desk. Maybe after it acclimates to the office it'll settle down. If not, no big deal.

Given the above, I feel quite good about the purchase. Its primary use will be for cutting plugs and for shepherding errant bits back into their respective tins, jars or bags. It'll get the job done IMG_20201231_123131187.jpg and look good while doing it.

Yakster

Patron
@blackmouth210 OK...as promised. The valet arrived yesterday and I've had enough time to take it for a test drive.

(+) The marketing piece for this promised black walnut as the wood. I confess to having been a little skeptical, but it is walnut. And it's a handsome piece, to boot.
(+) The machining and finishing rates a solid B+. The thing appears to have been made with precision. The finish is a satin (photo will confirm).
(+) The right-hand notch works fine for me. I'd thought that a left-hand notch might be a good option but now that I have one in hand it probably makes little or no difference.

(-) The piece is on the smaller side. The smallest notch will accommodate a Bic lighter standing on end, but it won't fit any other way. The medium-sized area is fine for a plug knife or matches...not much else.
(-) A minor issue is that the whole piece is very slightly cupped, meaning that it doesn't sit perfectly flat on my desk. Maybe after it acclimates to the office it'll settle down. If not, no big deal.

Given the above, I feel quite good about the purchase. Its primary use will be for cutting plugs and for shepherding errant bits back into their respective tins, jars or bags. It'll get the job done View attachment 84119 and look good while doing it.
For sure that does look good. Much classier than the paper plate I used to cut my Revor plug this morning. I like the fact that it's not that big.

blackmouth210

Friendly Misanthrope
Patron

Given the above, I feel quite good about the purchase. Its primary use will be for cutting plugs and for shepherding errant bits back into their respective tins, jars or bags. It'll get the job done View attachment 84119 and look good while doing it.
Awesome. Thanks for the great review/info.
Overall, I'd say it's a terrific buy.