Pipe Valets?

ColdSmoke

As much as I like those, $85 will buy a lot of tobacco....
My thoughts too. I was willing to be swept up in a frenzy of covetousness and impulse purchasing but eighty five bucks is a lot for a CNC'd piece of wood. Add to that having to repeatedly log into a website only to be told there's no stock and it kinda kills it all for me.
Great looking product but not so great production and distribution.

Last edited:

sfduke

Sales
These lasered trays are higher priced than the standard stained trays. Understand some prefer a paper plate than a pipe valet. :)

I continue to support Kraig as an American pipe carver in California. He has always been great at making special gifts like the one for Marzio Radice with the logo and thanks from PSD.

He is a one-person operation and this is not his full-time job. Personally found the high quality of these trays to be perfect for me. Already have three myself and a fourth one coming.

ColdSmoke

These lasered trays are higher priced than the standard stained trays. Understand some prefer a paper plate than a pipe valet. :)

I continue to support Kraig as an American pipe carver in California. He has always been great at making special gifts like the one for Marzio Radice with the logo and thanks from PSD.

He is a one-person operation and this is not his full-time job. Personally found the high quality of these trays to be perfect for me. Already have three myself and a fourth one coming.
I can't begin to imagine how one would make use of four pipe valets. Can only smoke one pipe at a time. Only have one mouth and one lap.
Maybe I'm just jealous because in months of lusting I can't even get my hands on one. At whatever price.

pipedreams86

Feet up, pipe lit
Patron
I can't begin to imagine how one would make use of four pipe valets. Can only smoke one pipe at a time. Only have one mouth and one lap.
Maybe I'm just jealous because in months of lusting I can't even get my hands on one. At whatever price.
@ColdSmoke have you tried emailing Kraig directly? I was watching his site for months hoping to get one, and finally wrote him directly to see if I could commission one and he actually had a few available that weren't listed on the site for whatever reason. I second @sfduke, I haven't received mine yet so I can't attest to the quality of the pipe valet, but Kraig's customer service and help were amazing, with quick and helpful replies to my questions. He laser engraved my initials into it, gave me a choice of stains etc and we are now talking about a commission project.

Not pushing people away from Etsy trays etc, I own an Etsy handmade tray, just my 2c that I personally don't think the price I paid for an item from a one man operation like Sedercraft was too much, especially when it's not his main job. BTW @Ephooriis those trays are amazing! I especially like the smaller rounded one, my main criticism of my Etsy tray is that it's too big...love the slot for the jar!

Alex

Patron
So I ordered a pipe valet like the one pictured a couple of weeks ago and it hasn’t shown up yet. I figured it was USPS being slow. Then I got a very nice email from Mr. Sederquist yesterday apologizing for the delay and explaining that he got backed up with orders. He is shipping it this week and as appreciation for my patience he is laser engraving it with the image below except adding my initials instead of the ones pictured. You have to love that kind of customer focused approach to business.