What's new

Pipeandleaf Eso release

NshanM

Did anyone else miss the Esoterica release on this site today!?? I only found out about it 20 min into the release and everything was gone! Are people using site watcher websites or apps to track changes on sites or something? There is no way to score some of these blends like Penz or Stonehaven if you don’t have a site tracker. Anyone know of any good ones for apple or pc that doesn’t charge money? Please let me know :)

Spillproof

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Sales
This subforum is for announcing when things become available, not for announcing when they are unavailable. The OP would have been better placed in the Pipe Tobacco subforum.

If there is an app for tracking tobacco releases we don't know about it. I say "we" because that kind of secret wouldn't stay a secret for very long around here.

The only way I have been able to purchase the Unobtainable Esoterica blends for normal retail prices in several years has been from a couple of B&M's that carry them (I am friends with the owners). If you have a B&M nearby that carries Arango Cigars products, and you spend some money there, that's your best "in." Of course there is always the chance you'll snag some when P&C, SmokingPipes, 4Noggins, etc. have them (for 10 minutes) but that is a frustrating mission. And then there is the secondary market, but paying EBay prices for these products borders on obscene.

Monkel

Being new to pipe smoking and obsessing over esoterica is asking for a bad time, m'kay? View attachment 33888
New? Yes. Obsessed? No. If I can get some I'll get some. If a heads-up thread drops and I get there in time, awesome. But certainly not going to pay Ebay pricing for any of it or go to extreme lengths trying to get some.

Plenty of other tobaccos I need to try that are readily available. My drawer has enough untouched tobacco I want to try to last me awhile.

tipofthelake

Have you ever seen the rain?
Patron
New? Yes. Obsessed? No. If I can get some I'll get some. If a heads-up thread drops and I get there in time, awesome. But certainly not going to pay Ebay pricing for any of it or go to extreme lengths trying to get some.

Plenty of other tobaccos I need to try that are readily available. My drawer has enough untouched tobacco I want to try to last me awhile.
I guess that's the point I was making. In the 3-3.5 years I have been smoking a pipe I have NEVER seen the two particular blends he called out in stock online. Most retailers have waiting lists for them from what I have seen, and from periodic posts here it seems even people on the waiting lists don't usually get them. You're much more likely to find some in person if that's what you're after from everything I have seen, which seems to be mirrored by comments up above.

Terminus

Drink Water, Walk It Off
Patron

Post a want-ad in the trading section here, probably will have a better shot than trying to snipe major retailers within 10 seconds of them showing in-stock.

tfdickson

Sales
Patron
I guess that's the point I was making. In the 3-3.5 years I have been smoking a pipe I have NEVER seen the two particular blends he called out in stock online. Most retailers have waiting lists for them from what I have seen, and from periodic posts here it seems even people on the waiting lists don't usually get them. You're much more likely to find some in person if that's what you're after from everything I have seen, which seems to be mirrored by comments up above.
Yep. I've been able to buy Stonehaven online exactly twice in the last 10 years, once in 2010 and the other a few months ago.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Did anyone else miss the Esoterica release on this site today!?? I only found out about it 20 min into the release and everything was gone! Are people using site watcher websites or apps to track changes on sites or something? There is no way to score some of these blends like Penz or Stonehaven if you don’t have a site tracker. Anyone know of any good ones for apple or pc that doesn’t charge money? Please let me know :)
Yes, some crazy internet people literally do have scripts to monitor websites.

No, you are not going to beat them at their own game.

Stay chill. Buy tobacco you can actually buy. Maybe visit a brick and mortar, where the internet crazies haven't cleaned out the selection!

Peacock

Resident Hipster
Patron
Don't shoot the messenger, guys. And I'm not advocating for the use of this - BUT. If you wanted to check a site daily for changes, you could use a site like https://visualping.io and set up alerts. They can also check hourly, every 30 min or every 5 min so you can beat those email alerts and be the first in line. You're limited to 62 checks a month on a free account but could upgrade for a monthly fee.

Just saying, I don't personally care enough to spend money on monitoring elusive tobacco - but if that's your thing there are tools out there to help. For a fee, it probably works better than email list alerts from the companies themselves.