What's new

Pipes & Tobacco Magazine To End.

tipofthelake

Have you ever seen the rain?
Patron
Wow, that stinks. I certainly don't envy anyone trying to make a living with print publications nowadays. It seems that interest specific small publications can't compete with the internet, and I honestly wonder how much longer the bigger names are going to last. Sure, the quality is usually watered way down and full of unqualified opinions, but it's hard to compete with free.

Yosemite

Klingon Ambassador to Terra
Patron
most of the publications I cherished as a kid and young man are dead or mere shadows of what they once were... I worked for the local newspaper for over a decade..... now the building is empty and all that remains is a single sheet joke created 50 miles down the mountain.... while I enjoy the internet, publishing is one of the casualties of the digital age that I mourn

blackmouth210

gnossos

Russian spambot
Patron
Wow, that stinks. I certainly don't envy anyone trying to make a living with print publications nowadays. It seems that interest specific small publications can't compete with the internet, and I honestly wonder how much longer the bigger names are going to last. Sure, the quality is usually watered way down and full of unqualified opinions, but it's hard to compete with free.
Sure, but do you know how many cobs you could buy for the cost of one issue?