PLEASE READ--My Wife

MakDragon

Former PSF Wizard
Sales
Patron
I lost my wife of 13 years when I was 34. She was my high school sweet heart. That was 17 years ago. Find grief counseling. It saved my life. What I mean is it gave me my life back. It is hard for men. We don't like to talk about our feelings. I found once I started I couldn't stop. Don't ignore your feelings. They will just manifest somewhere else in your life. It is hard. It sucks. You will never get over it. You will get through it. Find a way to honor her. Volunteer in her name to something she believed in. Build something in her honor. Help others.

Grief is not linear. You will bounce around the different stages sometimes within the same minute. Study grief. Understand it. Then you will have an understanding of it and a feel for when it might hit. You can develop strategies for dealing with it in a healthy way. My uncle drank himself to death after his wife died. What a waste.

I don't know everything but I am your brother in arms. PM me if you would like.
Well said sir. God bless to you as well.

Ozark Wizard

Old Ted Award Winner
I lost my wife of 13 years when I was 34. She was my high school sweet heart. That was 17 years ago. Find grief counseling. It saved my life. What I mean is it gave me my life back. It is hard for men. We don't like to talk about our feelings. I found once I started I couldn't stop. Don't ignore your feelings. They will just manifest somewhere else in your life. It is hard. It sucks. You will never get over it. You will get through it. Find a way to honor her. Volunteer in her name to something she believed in. Build something in her honor. Help others.

Grief is not linear. You will bounce around the different stages sometimes within the same minute. Study grief. Understand it. Then you will have an understanding of it and a feel for when it might hit. You can develop strategies for dealing with it in a healthy way. My uncle drank himself to death after his wife died. What a waste.

I don't know everything but I am your brother in arms. PM me if you would like.
Indeed, grief is not linear....

Russ H.

Patron-Fight The Good Fight
I want all who may read, or happen upon this thread to truly know how much I deeply appreciate any, and all thoughts, and prayers.
Today 09/12 my beloved Wife, and I would have been married 33 yeas. I'm doing pretty good here at work today. I work outdoors, and there is a nice breeze going, sunny, and those nice big white cotton ball clouds moving ever so slowly above me. As I enjoy a little lunch break I look up--although sad, I am truly thankful for all the blessings I have had, and still having in my life. I continue to ask for prayers--no matter what--this stuff is hard, and the healing remains a very slow process.
God is watching over us all.

MakDragon

Former PSF Wizard
Sales
Patron
I want all who may read, or happen upon this thread to truly know how much I deeply appreciate any, and all thoughts, and prayers.
Today 09/12 my beloved Wife, and I would have been married 33 yeas. I'm doing pretty good here at work today. I work outdoors, and there is a nice breeze going, sunny, and those nice big white cotton ball clouds moving ever so slowly above me. As I enjoy a little lunch break I look up--although sad, I am truly thankful for all the blessings I have had, and still having in my life. I continue to ask for prayers--no matter what--this stuff is hard, and the healing remains a very slow process.
God is watching over us all.
Happy Anniversary my friend! Tough day it is but knowing she is at peace in the arms of the Lord will give you solace until you meet again.
God bless!