What's new

Post a picture of you smoking your favorite pipe

321 One

This is not my favorite pipe, but it's one of the best photos of me with a pipe. It was taken a couple years ago for a local magazine article about my pipe smoking. Today, I found out that the photo is in the lobby of the RCC Photography Dept in Asheboro, N.C. Now, I find out that there's an article about the photo shoot: http://imagedeconstructed.com/post/spotlight-on-jerry-wolford-0

View attachment 19141
That's a very nice article, and what a nice photograph of you @JimInks.

Olmstead

Yours truly sitting here avoiding the torrential rain on New Year's Eve, smoking HH BK in my new Radice. I wish I hadn't gotten rid of the beard it was huge, but not quite as massive @Deadfrog 's), but I'm definitely planning on growing a new one. I feel and look naked without it!
20181231_230735.jpg
Since I'm a little camera shy, I'll give you a two-fer. My favorite Ropp Vintage Smooth Apple, with my mustache leftover from the beard.
20181014_213158_HDR.jpg
Happy New Year to my Piping Brethren!

Last edited:

Olmstead

Condor? I've heard of it. I hear it's not for everyone. Still haven't worked up the courage to try it. My checks clench at just hearing the word mentioned.
and @WalkinStick ...
I got a newer pack of Condor Plug earlier this month, and I heard from @JimInks that it's made in Poland now. While I don't have anything to compare it to, it's not quitequite what I was expecting. It's still delicious, but lacks the depth and complexity described by the many of you dedicated fans of the stuff. Now that I've had this new Condor, I'm all the more curious as to what the original (Green wrapper) plug tastes like, though I doubt there's a whole lot of the stuff kicking around that any savvy piper would be willing to give up. Anyways, I'm off-topic!

WalkinStick

May actually be The Devil
Sales
Patron
Old Ted Award Winner
and @WalkinStick ...
I got a newer pack of Condor Plug earlier this month, and I heard from @JimInks that it's made in Poland now. While I don't have anything to compare it to, it's not quitequite what I was expecting. It's still delicious, but lacks the depth and complexity described by the many of you dedicated fans of the stuff. Now that I've had this new Condor, I'm all the more curious as to what the original (Green wrapper) plug tastes like, though I doubt there's a whole lot of the stuff kicking around that any savvy piper would be willing to give up. Anyways, I'm off-topic!
I actually just gave my last plug away, or I’d send you a cut.

I did get some of the newer Polish LC today though (thanks to @snake and @Rotherdale ). I’ll probably fire some up tomorrow and see what I think.

Olmstead

I actually just gave my last plug away, or I’d send you a cut.

I did get some of the newer Polish LC today though (thanks to @snake and @Rotherdale ). I’ll probably fire some up tomorrow and see what I think.
Not sure how this friend of mine - who ordered it online from the USA - got his hands on Condor (regardless of it being the new stuff), but anyways, please do let me know!

Ol Brokedik

Yours truly sitting here avoiding the torrential rain on New Year's Eve, smoking HH BK in my new Radice. I wish I hadn't gotten rid of the beard it was huge, but not quite as massive @Deadfrog 's), but I'm definitely planning on growing a new one. I feel and look naked without it!
View attachment 21380
Since I'm a little camera shy, I'll give you a two-fer. My favorite Ropp Vintage Smooth Apple, with my mustache leftover from the beard.
View attachment 21382
Happy New Year to my Piping Brethren!
Camera shy? I can relate. I don't like my picture taken because they all come out looking like ...me. Good Lawd!

Deadfrog

Wyrd bið ful aræd.
Sales
Damn, are you wearing pants? It must be cold.
Luckily the length of the greatcoat hides my lack of pants! :hahaha-024:

While I'm normaly anti-pants, there is something to be said about a good pair of Wranglers. I do enjoy a solid pair of jeans from time to time. But in this cold, it's the insulated, steel-toed Wellies that have been my go-to boots of late. :thumb-yello:

Deadfrog

Wyrd bið ful aræd.
Sales
Posting about smoking smaller pipes because of the cold, still not wearing pants. It checks out, he's Canadian.
And he’s not sorry about it.

Or is he?
:hahaha-024:

I love it! I was in a kilt and hoodie yesterday and was feeling no pain. Today however, the wind picked up and I'm man enough to say, I put on pants! The cold I love, the biting, bitter wind...not so much. It really ruins a good cold spell! o_O

tipofthelake

Fire in big hole, small hole in face--WalkinStick
Patron
:hahaha-024:

I love it! I was in a kilt and hoodie yesterday and was feeling no pain. Today however, the wind picked up and I'm man enough to say, I put on pants! The cold I love, the biting, bitter wind...not so much. It really ruins a good cold spell! o_O
See, I generally wear jeans year round unless it's crazy hot. I agree about the wind though. A cold but calm day is enjoyable. A cold and windy day just sucks the life right out of you.