Pre Colored Meerschaum Pipe Question

Chasing Embers

One last “noob” question...should I use this for some of my more aromatic (goopy) blends for the most part?
Or can I just put whatever I feel like in it and not worry about ghosting.
You can smoke whatever you want in them as they perform like any other pipe, ghosting included. If you want it to color faster, smoke it often and put off removing dottle and cleaning until you're ready to smoke it again. That gives the sepiolite time to absorb the oils from the smoke and tobacco from the previous smoke.

BlueMaxx

"Foo Was Here"
Sales
Patron
You can smoke whatever you want in them as they perform like any other pipe, ghosting included. If you want it to color faster, smoke it often and put off removing dottle and cleaning until you're ready to smoke it again. That gives the sepiolite time to absorb the oils from the smoke and tobacco from the previous smoke.
Thank you for the info...as a beginner I am full of questions.

One other...what about resting or smoking at least one bowl daily?

BlueMaxx

"Foo Was Here"
Sales
Patron
A meerschaum pipe will tell you when it needs rest. It'll taste soggy and nasty. But dont expect it to happen anytime soon unless you smoke it 8 times a day for a month or two.
I think I am going to to what Chasing Embers has done and take a weekly picture...that sounds kind of fun looking back on it’s transient of colors.
Another cool aspect of piping!