What's new

PSD 2019 Pipe of the Year MAKER Poll

Which maker would you prefer for the 2019 POY?

• Boswells (bent sitter nosewarmer)

Votes: 54 34.4%
  • Radice (rusticated billiard)

Votes: 103 65.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Spillproof

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Sales
Both options are great.
Got me thinking....

Are either Radice OR Boswell ok with making their offer the 2020 POY?

If so, you guys on the BT could save yourselves a lot of headaches by doing this:

The maker who will NOT extend the offer to next year gets the nod as this year's POY.
The maker willing to extend the offer gets the job for 2020.
This is an exciting time of year brimming with helpful suggestions and good honest input.

We value your patronage and thank you for voting with us.

Please hold.
(queue Muzak- "Kokomo" volume 10 on loop)

Deadfrog

Wyrd bið ful aræd.
Sales
Thanks you guys for all of the work you've done coming up with two quite unique and different options for us to vote on this year! :beerchug:

I'm not sure which way my vote will go. But if I were a betting man, I'd wager that faux bamboo Radice will be our new POY. The style seems to have quite the following.

I'm in for one of whatever pipe wins. I enjoy watching the whole POY process as it unfolds every year and getting a new forum POY is always a treat for me.

Well done guys and gal! :appl:

blackmouth210

Voted for the Boswell’s for one main reason, I want everyone who wants to buy a POY, to be able to get one. I get the Radice is way below retail, but limiting it to only 100 pipes is really cutting it close. I hope if we chose that one, we don’t reach that limit.
The truth is the faux bamboo Radice may be "way below retail" when considering msrp.
But consumers don't pay msrp.
Similar Radice pipes can be found for around $150. That's only slightly more than what we'd get it for as a POY.
So you're right to vote the way you did given your reasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.