What's new

PSD 2019 Pipe of the Year Selection Poll (Radice)

Which Radice POY Option Do You Prefer?

• Option 1: Radice Rind Billiard with "colorful wooden band."

Votes: 78 50.3%
  • Option 2: Radice Rind Billiard with 3-knuckle "faux-bamboo" shank.

Votes: 77 49.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I was initially disappointed that I received a fauxboo with the dark rim. Even more so, my rim stain doesn’t let any grain show through. I wanted the rim to sort of match the fauxboo section. However, after seeing everyone else’s pipes and a wide range of rim tints, I am glad mine is different and unique . Anyway, love the pipe and thanks again to the Brain Trust.

Spillproof

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Sales
I was initially disappointed that I received a fauxboo with the dark rim. Even more so, my rim stain doesn’t let any grain show through. I wanted the rim to sort of match the fauxboo section. However, after seeing everyone else’s pipes and a wide range of rim tints, I am glad mine is different and unique . Anyway, love the pipe and thanks again to the Brain Trust.
Well I'm glad to hear you're satisfied and we appreciate your attitude.

Deadfrog

Wyrd bið ful aræd.
Sales
I want to send the Radices an email thanking them for such a great pipe so I can get a yellie email back in return. But I imagine they are busy folks with this and other projects to work on and don't need another interruption. So I'll just say it here. I love this pipe! Smokes like a bat out of hell and the fit and finish are on point. This is the only non meer pipe I'm smoking this month.

Thanks again to the POTYBT, and a big thanks to the Radice family for taking on our POY. Outstanding work all around and again I'm stoked to have another POY to add to the rack. :beerchug:

tipofthelake

Apparently I don't like the taste of tobacco
Patron
I want to send the Radices an email thanking them for such a great pipe so I can get a yellie email back in return. But I imagine they are busy folks with this and other projects to work on and don't need another interruption. So I'll just say it here. I love this pipe! Smokes like a bat out of hell and the fit and finish are on point. This is the only non meer pipe I'm smoking this month.

Thanks again to the POTYBT, and a big thanks to the Radice family for taking on our POY. Outstanding work all around and again I'm stoked to have another POY to add to the rack. :beerchug:
I put thank you in the title so they would know it wasn't an order and honestly didn't expect an answer. Everyone appreciates when someone lets them know they did a great job, right?

Teekay

Patron
I have a dark rim and I really like it. I'm mostly an outdoor smoker, and in natural light, the rim picks up the red in the bowl stain, and it's really a nice combination. And, being an outdoor smoker in sometimes windy conditions, the red will be more forgiving of any darkening on the rim. So, happy on all counts. And I'm with you -- they made this one for me, and since all the PSDPOY pipes are all unique, this one is mine, and I couldn't me more happy with it! And since there are fewer dark rims, they are rare and more unique. These will soon become highly sought after collectables, and I foresee huge returns on Ebay if we ever make the unfortunate decision to sell!