What's new

PSD 2019 POY

RedScot

Someone already mentioned the 100-pipe limit, but it bears repeating. I'm not sure what the final count was on the inaugural POY, or how many would be dismayed to not be able to get in on the Radice.
I didn't own or like nosewarmers until I got last year's stubby pipe. It forces me to be honest.
That 100-pipe limit, though, makes this a quandary.

JRobert

Nuclear Moderator
Staff member
I honestly don't see the 100 pipe limit as a problem at this price. More than 100 PSF 2018 POYs were sold, but that was a $30 cob, and some people bought several. I don't know exactly how many 2018 PSD POYs were sold (again, a $30 cob and some people bought several). I think it's unlikely that people would buy several $140 pipes, especially if they knew there was a limit to how many would be made. At the old forum where we had many more members, there were other years when the number of pipes was limited, and I don't remember wailing and gnashing of teeth because someone could not buy a POY.

Short answer -- I don't think you should let the 100 pipe limit influence your vote. If you think having the funds available when ordering opens will be a problem, start making plans now.

lowercaseG

I apologize if I missed something,( I started reading on pg. 11) but why couldn't we have both options? From what I read it sounds like boswell will put psd poy on any of their nosewarmers no matter how many get ordered. We'd have to vote on which radice we like best, but after that, why couldn't we have 3 great options? Also people keep saying 100 pipe limit. I read " up to 100" on spillproofs post. If it's a continuity issue, fair enough . But why not have both? You could go cheap or splurge, you could get a classic shape or a shorty, or you could get both. For the record, I like boswell #2 & radice #1, but I already have the former so..... When do we vote?

tipofthelake

New place same face
Patron
I apologize if I missed something,( I started reading on pg. 11) but why couldn't we have both options? From what I read it sounds like boswell will put psd poy on any of their nosewarmers no matter how many get ordered. We'd have to vote on which radice we like best, but after that, why couldn't we have 3 great options? Also people keep saying 100 pipe limit. I read " up to 100" on spillproofs post. If it's a continuity issue, fair enough . But why not have both? You could go cheap or splurge, you could get a classic shape or a shorty, or you could get both. For the record, I like boswell #2 & radice #1, but I already have the former so..... When do we vote?
Because then we'd all have to get matched sets. What are you trying to do, bankrupt me??

lowercaseG

Probably because it’s the pipe of the year-not pipes of the year. I could be wrong.
Fair enough. If that's the answer, I'm fine with it. I'm asking purely out of curiosity. Personally, I think more options = more sales = more happy members. But I'll vote and be happy with whatever decision. P.S. I would only buy one. Only the high Rollin psd fat cats would be getting " pipes" of the year. So I guess I would get a pipe of the year, not the pipe of the year. On a serious note, thanks to the kids for putting this togethef. They are 4 great options.

Tianlin

That Radice #1 is the business. $140 for one of their pipes? Shut up and take my money.
I think you mean #2 . . . Either way, I’m afraid I will probably have to sit it out, especially if it is a Radice. The price for the Boswells is just stupid, though....maaaaaybe I could swing that...dang. Either way, a lot of folks will get some nice pipes for a heck of a deal!

jpberg

The Worst Thing about the Internet
Staff member
Sales
In 2016 we offered around 9 variations of the same pipe. It did not go well. It felt to some like we has POYs, not a POY.

A point that needs to be made. The POY is only loosely about the pipe or whether or not you need another pipe. It is all about forum camaraderie.
Nah, it’s about the faux bamboo Radice, fool.