PSD POY 2021 Ordering Thread

RevSmoke

I'm not sure exactly how this was going to work, but I am guessing they weren't going to start production of the first pipe until all the orders were in. When a production run is done of one particular piece, the equipment gets set up and that run is begun...at least that's how it's done another manufacturing places.

This means that with ordering ending on the last day in April, production of pipes had not begun before that. As we were given a timetable of 1 to 2 months for the making of the pipes, that would be June or July before they arrive.

Well it is the middle of July, and on the later end of that timetable, it is not necessarily unreasonable.

Do we know how many pipes were ordered? If they are waiting for them all to be completed before they send any of them, that might also cause a delay. Do we know if that's what they intended to do?

Just my $0.02 in the matter.

Peace of the Lord be with you.

Teddy Jeavons

Leaf and Leaf
I'm not sure exactly how this was going to work, but I am guessing they weren't going to start production of the first pipe until all the orders were in. When a production run is done of one particular piece, the equipment gets set up and that run is begun...at least that's how it's done another manufacturing places.

This means that with ordering ending on the last day in April, production of pipes had not begun before that. As we were given a timetable of 1 to 2 months for the making of the pipes, that would be June or July before they arrive.

Well it is the middle of July, and on the later end of that timetable, it is not necessarily unreasonable.

Do we know how many pipes were ordered? If they are waiting for them all to be completed before they send any of them, that might also cause a delay. Do we know if that's what they intended to do?

Just my $0.02 in the matter.

Peace of the Lord be with you.
Yes, given the circumstances I don't think it's time to be restless about this...

MakDragon

Optimistic Curmudgeon
Patron
Old Ted Award Winner
Just got an email from Mr. Norse.
He said that they are still waiting on the remainder of the stems from Italy. They have enough stems to go ahead and make about 25 but it will cost them more to produce two runs. After all they did for us and with regards to the crazy 2020-2021 shenanigans, it is understandable.
He said he would keep me posted as soon as he hears anything new.
He thanked us all for our business and patience.
Remember moose season isn’t until Autumn. But them so are apples….

Merk3030

Tripe Leader
Patron
MY apologies to all for not updating you as soon as I heard from Steve. This covid thing sent me to a far away place the last week!

The grand finale total is 68 pipes!

Thanks from the 2021 Brain Trust for taking part in this yearly project that means so much to us all!

@Billy Joe @blackmouth210 also want to thank our Spiritual Advisors @Spillproof and @DGErwin11 .

It often does not get said enough in endeavours like this, but without their help, experience and guidance through out all of this, nothing would have run as smoothly as it did.

Cheers ladies and gentlemen!!!

View attachment 99359
Post 97 @RedScot and @RevSmoke 68 pipes ordered.

UrbanPiper

I don't even think I had found this forum by the time this preorder ended. Am I a fool to think I could still order one? Thanks!
oh-my-sweet-summer-child.jpg

Top Bottom