@Wjugolfer99
@Peacock
@kxg (has own OTR)
@Billy Ockham (has own OTR)
@Lbauer12
@MURPH
@Alaska.hermit
@Mrm1775
If I missed anyone let me know. I have everyone’s address and plan to get the contest tobacco out this week. That should give everyone the better part of two weeks to practice.
Looks like a good field. You can also put me down for "has own OTR"

We're doing 3g, right?

Winton

@davidbeinct I am not trying to hijack this thread, but wanted to reiterate to everyone participating, I am offering 4 tins of tobacco as a prize. 2 to the indoor smoking winner and 2 the outdoor. If for some reason I win (I won't be winning), I am donating to the next individual. I'll be participating in the outdoor category.
JohnK, this is a generous offer. Thanks!

Shasta Piper

@davidbeinct I am not trying to hijack this thread, but wanted to reiterate to everyone participating, I am offering 4 tins of tobacco as a prize. 2 to the indoor smoking winner and 2 the outdoor. If for some reason I win (I won't be winning), I am donating to the next individual. I'll be participating in the outdoor category.
Super cool JohnK! I won’t be winning either, but having a prize makes the contest a little more fun anyway!

kxg

Patron
I am under the impression that lighters are allowed for this slow smoke? And the lighting takes place in the first minute with no subsequent lights, only tamping after that? I did a test smoke this evening, in fact it is still going but nearing the end; now at nearly 67 minutes. 3gm is a lot of tobacco, a full load in the Radice POY. Outdoors FWIW. Finished at 1:12:48.46.
I may or may not get to participate in the actual event as my soon to be three year old granddaughters’s birthday celebration is that day and my priority is with her.
I have to say that slow smoking is not my favorite way to smoke as it pushes the limits of enjoyment for me. That said I hope I get to join in!

When do we declare indoor, outdoor?
You can decide the day of. I’ll start a thread a half hour or so before the official start time asking people to check in and declare indoors or outdoors. That should give everyone enough time to declare and get settled in. Once I announce go get your two lights in within a minute. No need to announce you’ve started, just concentrate on smoking slow. When your pipe goes out post that you’re out.

I am under the impression that lighters are allowed for this slow smoke? And the lighting takes place in the first minute with no subsequent lights, only tamping after that? I did a test smoke this evening, in fact it is still going but nearing the end; now at nearly 67 minutes. 3gm is a lot of tobacco, a full load in the Radice POY. Outdoors FWIW. Finished at 1:12:48.46.
I may or may not get to participate in the actual event as my soon to be three year old granddaughters’s birthday celebration is that day and my priority is with her.
I have to say that slow smoking is not my favorite way to smoke as it pushes the limits of enjoyment for me. That said I hope I get to join in!
Yes lighters are allowed. I hope you can participate but I totally get it. Have fun with your granddaughter.

JohnK

Packages have shipped to everyone but @MURPH and @zacRock. Because, ta heck with those two, ya know?
Actually their addresses didn’t come up for the postal clerk. It’s probably some vagary of the system but I figured it can’t hurt to check they didn’t goof when typing in their address. I’ll get them out as soon as I hear back.
Thank you for doing this!

Peacock

Put a Bird On It
Patron
1:12? Shoot. I'll be happy to make it past 15 min

Status
Not open for further replies.