What's new

PSD TOY 2019 "Off the Rails" update.

Ernie Q

Sales
Okie Dokie,
I have added the final batch to the drum and it has entered it's final aging period which I expect will take 3 weeks give or take a few days. I judge aging (marrying) by aroma and if my instincts are right 3 weeks should do it.
Couple notes: The batch of Red Virginia they shipped was fantastic...loaded with natural sugars, so this blend definitely has aging potential.
This is a wonderful naturally sweet tobacco aroma. Think Hay, and that stinky little edgy aroma from the orientals combined with what @Ozark Wizard would call a "Threat of Perique". The unsweetened (true) Cavendish adds a slight caramel undertone. I'd wager that this blend will peak in 5 to 6 years if stored properly.
E.
IMG_1696.jpg IMG_1697.jpg

tipofthelake

Have you ever seen the rain?
Patron
Okie Dokie,
I have added the final batch to the drum and it has entered it's final aging period which I expect will take 3 weeks give or take a few days. I judge aging (marrying) by aroma and if my instincts are right 3 weeks should do it.
Couple notes: The batch of Red Virginia they shipped was fantastic...loaded with natural sugars, so this blend definitely has aging potential.
This is a wonderful naturally sweet tobacco aroma. Think Hay, and that stinky little edgy aroma from the orientals combined with what @Ozark Wizard would call a "Threat of Perique". The unsweetened (true) Cavendish adds a slight caramel undertone. I'd wager that this blend will peak in 5 to 6 years if stored properly.
E.
View attachment 33841 View attachment 33842
I really wish posting similar notes would convince people out here to do/not do stuff, but at some point it would start resembling wallpaper.:hahaha-024: Some people were born with the gift of being able to break an anvil.

kxg

Patron
When can we order or pre-order?
Not wanting to be the bearer of bad news, but that train left the station a couple of weeks ago. And to make matters worse for you, it was a one time thing - thus the PSD-TOY-2019 (Pipe Smoker's Den - Tobacco of the Year - 2019). I think your best hope at this point is the secondary market if any who bought it decide it is not for them.
Sorry for that news.

NshanM

Not wanting to be the bearer of bad news, but that train left the station a couple of weeks ago. And to make matters worse for you, it was a one time thing - thus the PSD-TOY-2019 (Pipe Smoker's Den - Tobacco of the Year - 2019). I think your best hope at this point is the secondary market if any who bought it decide it is not for them.
Sorry for that news.
Oh no 🤦🏻‍♂️ thank you for letting me know brotherin

Deadfrog

Wyrd bið ful aræd.
Okie Dokie,
E.
View attachment 33841 View attachment 33842
Maybe it's just me, but I really want to climb into that drum and just sit and smoke a while! o_O

I'm really excited to try this one. Thanks again for taking this on and for dealing with all of the BS that comes with such an endeavour! :beerchug: