What's new

PSD2018POY Waiting List

Billy Joe

Patron
Awesome! Glad you found some in stock. I felt bad sending the sample because it is so hard to find. But then you sent that McC Navy Cavendish which I found incredibly good, so we're even. (Not to mention the Penzance). I am in fact havin some of that Sugar Barrel now.
You helped me find a new favorite. It is great in the new POY!

Now I have to get home and load some Sugar Barrel in the POY and see how that goes.

RedScot

Got mine this afternoon, along with three Legends I'll wind up cannibalizing for parts. I've been leery of nosewarmer-style pipes so this is my first one.
I have what I suppose is an odd clenching style, with the pipe facing straight ahead instead of off to the side, and I always feared that a nosewarmer's short stem would be an issue. Turns out I was right - if this bit was just a tad longer it's be perfect. Otherwise I'll have to "hook 'n hang"...& as well as this pipe smokes I'll have to try and get used to it.
We've got some awesome people who've done above and beyond for this POY, and for PSD as a whole. Thanks to all!!

Deadfrog

Wyrd bið ful aræd.
Sales
The pipes look sweet! :appl:

Mine shipped from MM August 28th and the last tracking update was Sept 3rd stating it's on the way to the next facility, whatever that means. Hopefully they're on the way, but nothing from the US ever takes this long. The Pete Dracula I ordered from SP last week is already in Customs (the bastards are gonna ding me once again!) Lol

Moose

Well, tracking hasn't changed on my two pipes since Sept. 3rd. "In Transit To Next Facility" is still the latest update on that date. I'm going to email Marilyn tomorrow and see what they can do. I fear my pipes have been lost along the way. :confused:
Yea, I would contact someone as well. That’s too long for a package to get to you in Canada.
Either that or their is a customs agent with a really nice cob pipe :unsure:

Deadfrog

Wyrd bið ful aræd.
Sales
Well, out of the blue, tracking picked back up again and the pipes were delivered today! They were off the radar so long, I feared the worst. But they look amazing and I'm cheerfully smoking one now. Very nice, I love these stems.

Thanks again you guys, these pipes make a fantastic set with our PSF POYs. :goodjob::beerchug:

PlanxtyPipes

Had my first smoke in my new-to-me 1998 Peterson St. Patricks Day 106 last night. I bought from SmokingPipes.com, so it had been totally reamed to a bare bowl. So it's time to start "breaking it in" again! First smoke was half a flake of Peterson's Irish Flake. Seemed appropriate! Irish Flake is definitely one of my favorite tobaccos. It's never given me a bad smoke and the flavor is perfect any time of the day (as long as I'm not smoking it first thing in the morning without eating first). I also enjoy it whether the weather is hot or cool (45 degrees) as it was last night.

The half-flake was enough to fill up the bowl about 1/4-1/3 of the way without packing it too tight. Good sized bowl on this pipe! Not too big, not too little. The balance of this pipe is fantastic for me as well, it just hangs right in my mouth. I can already tell it will be one of my favorites when it's broken in, which is what I was hoping for when I bought it.