Sold! R. M. Perkins - Orchid

Robert Perkins

Teenager at Heart
Sales
Robert,
Sorry I missed your reply, the "keeping the stummel, flare, ogee curve more or less the same, but essentially rotate the stem 45 degrees so that it's diamond shaped like a Bulldog stem"
is more of what I had in mind
Very good. That way, it's much more like the original Orchid, but with a new "twist" (pardon the pun) on the stem.

Let me get a drawing of that concept ready, and I will post that one, too, eh?

Shouldn't the 45 degrees be 90?
Actually, if you rotate a square 90 degrees, it's still a square, just rotated 90 degrees.

But if you rotate it 45 degrees, you turn it into a diamond. Does that make sense?

desolbones

Your right on the 45 vs 90 degree rotation, the above drawing was what I was thinking. I have a straight grain morta block, was thinking of a traditionalish cavalier, that could possibly serve for an orchid it is :1 Morta Block Blank 3720 Years Old. Size: 6-" -3-" - 2+" (150 mm-74 mm-52 mm). The age of these Bog Oak block has been determined by a radiocarbon date analysis and it's about 3720 years.

Robert Perkins

Teenager at Heart
Sales
Your right on the 45 vs 90 degree rotation, the above drawing was what I was thinking. I have a straight grain morta block, was thinking of a traditionalish cavalier, that could possibly serve for an orchid it is :1 Morta Block Blank 3720 Years Old. Size: 6-" -3-" - 2+" (150 mm-74 mm-52 mm). The age of these Bog Oak block has been determined by a radiocarbon date analysis and it's about 3720 years.
That sounds really interesting. I'll tell you what, why don't I send you a PM, and we can discuss the details, eh?

Sir Saartan

The Tan Saarlander
Yeah, I think it's just waiting for the right person to get their income tax refund check in the mail.
I have been thinking quite a few times about pulling the trigger on this pipe, but
right now I've got other priorities regarding what I should be spending my money on.
The likes of "my wedding" come to mind...

Now that I've seen that drawing of the diamond stem, I'm kind of thinking I might like
that one better... and somehow, I just really love that leather rustication of yours so much,
I actually prefer it to many smooth that don't have the absolute stunner grain.

Robert Perkins

Teenager at Heart
Sales
I have been thinking quite a few times about pulling the trigger on this pipe, but
right now I've got other priorities regarding what I should be spending my money on.
The likes of "my wedding" come to mind...

Now that I've seen that drawing of the diamond stem, I'm kind of thinking I might like
that one better... and somehow, I just really love that leather rustication of yours so much,
I actually prefer it to many smooth that don't have the absolute stunner grain.
You know what you need to do, right? You need to put one of these in your Wedding Registry and see if anybody buys it for you. ;)

Sir Saartan

The Tan Saarlander
You know what you need to do, right? You need to put one of these in your Wedding Registry and see if anybody buys it for you. ;)
that would have been a pretty good idea if not for the fact that almost anyone in my family is
a former smoker and now pretty religious about not smoking. Luckily at least my gf smokes and
actually likes the smell of latakia a lot.