Recent Samuel Gawith Drop

SonoranHotDog

Pass the Jalapeños
HotDog picks up the spoon and starts stirring the pot.......

Each and all of the GH/SG tobaccos is excellent in quality of tobacco and manufacture, in my experience. Each time I try a 'new' one, I try to get into the mindset of someone in London in 1895 who had this as his only choice for tobacco, and was grateful to have it. In that vein, each of their offerings has interesting characteristics and unique tastes. Fast-forward to the 21 Century: there are some of their blends I would buy again, and some I wouldn't. But, not because any one of them is other than high quality, rather because I have the luxury of choice. Any time I've smoked any of their products, I've been teleported to another time and place. Not all tobaccos can do that.

Sets spoon down and disappears out the back of the kitchen....

Last edited:

FrankHall

1/2 Minimalist, 1/2 Maximalist
Sales
HotDog picks up the spoon and starts stirring the pot.......

Each and all of the GH/SG tobaccos is excellent in quality of tobacco and manufacture, in my experience. Each time I try a 'new' one, I try to get into the mindset of someone in London in 1895 who had this as his only choice for tobacco, and was grateful to have it. In that vein, each of their offerings has interesting characteristics and unique tastes. Fast-forward to the 21 Century: there are some of their blends I would buy again, and some I wouldn't. But, not because any one of them is other than high quality, rather because I have the luxury of choice. Any time I've smoked any of their products, I've been teleported to another time and place. Not all tobaccos can do that.

Sets spoon down and disappears out the back of the kitchen....
You should check your PM's. I sent you one Friday. Mine might be unimportant, but who knows - you might have some useful ones.

FrankHall

1/2 Minimalist, 1/2 Maximalist
Sales
Love and covet perfection and golden glow.like the smell of firedance but not enough body for me .could be stronger
I've been curious about Firedance for a while, then when looking through my sample box....I find FIredance :shakehead:

I'm with you on Golden Glow. It's not my favorite SG VA, but each of the three is very different (4 if you count FV plug). I smoke it as-is, in home-pressed plug form, and infused with nocino. It's all great.

Pipepunk

I've been curious about Firedance for a while, then when looking through my sample box....I find FIredance :shakehead:

I'm with you on Golden Glow. It's not my favorite SG VA, but each of the three is very different (4 if you count FV plug). I smoke it as-is, in home-pressed plug form, and infused with nocino. It's all great.
Fond of golden glow because it's not like other Virginia's easy to load and no soapy taste.

Chico

I have some extremely aged Firdance and it's still sooooo good. A very different blend than fresh. The topping not quite as powerful, and more like it's infused in the tobacco rather than topping it, which makes no sense unless you smoke it. Golden Glow is a great baseline VA - a good all-rounder as they say in the Scotch whisky world. Cabbies, SJF, 1792 (on occasion)... pretty much everything from SG is good. The only one I recall not appreciating was Balkan Flake because the "coolness" they describe appears to be because of menthol or mint, Just weird to me.