Reiner Long Golden Flake 71 question

Sasquatch

Wizzard
Staff member
There's a topping? Tastes like fine ginnies to me.
Think "oranges" and open the jar and put your nose in.

Oranges.

Now close the jar. Walk away, play with the dog or something. Return to the jar, think "licorice" and put your nose in.

Licorice.

Both there, and neither shows up "for real" in the smoke at all, but this is part of the art - offering us little flavor glimpses beyond the threshhold of what we can actually directly perceive/identify, and yet it builds a giant, harmonious whole, full of indefinable goodness.

SpiritOf76

Patron

Oranges.

Now close the jar. Walk away, play with the dog or something. Return to the jar, think "licorice" and put your nose in.

Licorice.

Both there, and neither shows up "for real" in the smoke at all, but this is part of the art - offering us little flavor glimpses beyond the threshhold of what we can actually directly perceive/identify, and yet it builds a giant, harmonious whole, full of indefinable goodness.
This is exactly what I get too....I bought my first tin of this a few months ago...opened it up and my brain brought me to the smell of a freshly cleaned hotel room at the beach in summer time...I know that's wierd but thats what it reminded me of!!...the aroma does not translate to the smoke/taste...I've since bought another tin to cellar...had about 4 bowls of it and it's great!

Sentient.

Nearly lifelike.
Patron

Oranges.

Licorice.

Right now what I get is tea. But I could hardly even smell dinner tonight. Too much snuff, sawdust and solvents lately. But I trust you on this.

MURPH

There was a guy at the Chicago Pipe Show that had some tins with dents for $10.00 each. I picked up 20 tins. I wish I would have picked up all he had. When I got home and opened the worst looking tins and found the seals were not broken. When I'm smoking them I can't taste the dents st alo. It is just a great tobacco.

soutso

I have just had a bowl of LGF and before I began I wanted to try and detect a specific flavour. I’m not the type of smoker who takes a puff and thinks, “well this is like getting a dried apricot and adding a dash of whipped cream.....”.

I’m more of a Neanderthal who just takes a puff and goes, “Nah...” or “Good” ..... or “Really goooood” and occasionally, “This can’t be happening, why is this sooooo gooooood??”

Well I think I nailed a common taste that just hovers in the background with LGF and that taste is.......... clove.