Secret Mission

Drydock

Wonderful tale. And wow--I didn't know Kingfisher was still produced, even if it is in the jarring round tin. This gives me hope that Kingfisher/Pelican might eventually surface more regularly. And I have never seen that much bounty in my life! Amazing!

The table and history behind the work are in fact legacy gifts. I know I would (and have) cherished lesser gifts of tools over the years. It's living history, a link to the artisan before them. I am so grateful for threads like this--and I'm encouraged that this weird world is a little less petty than it sometimes feels like.

I am a little wary of the Petersons also, but am little relieved as they are not bent....what sort of got me is that all the pipes (at least to me) that they have there are huge.

A lot of really big chamber stuff, they do have regular size ones and most Savinellis, ect... but the really big honkers just do not appeal to me.
Freehands in general do not.

I finally got up close and personal with a Nording...and am glad I never sprung for one....I want a meerschaum, but really didn’t see anything that lit my lamp...if we do another trade on books I might go a different direction.

That Caminetto however, it sung to me....I am looking forward to a first bowl in it.
I have two Nordings

kxg

Patron
What a wonderful story. That bench is stunning and while you surely could have profited more by selling it, the confidence you have it is in good hands will bring you great joy. And to top it off, a worthy trade with fine tobaccos and pipes! Well done sir! Good smoking.

BlueMaxx

"Foo Was Here"
Sales
Patron
Thanks to everyone for such kind remarks....I was busy all day and just now got to read them and all the likes.
Takes a lot for a guy like me whose hardened in so many ways to choke up...like we were trained at Parris Island, you choke that (expletive) down and keep moving forward.
However, I must admit...y’all made a scarred man tear up..

I hope your happy! :cool:

I wish all of you the best of times and many moments, whether with your loved ones or at that secret quiet place you may find in your own abode or in nature.
Alone with yourself and your pipe and the soft whisper of life all around you... returning for the peacefulness only a pipe can bring to the soul.
I pray The Leaf, The Briar, The Craftsman....all come together in harmony for each of you.

Everyone have a blessed evening, and I mean this from the heart...

Thank you, for showing that the true spirit of humanity still exists.

Cheers,

BlueMaxx

"Foo Was Here"
Sales
Patron
What a wonderful story. That bench is stunning and while you surely could have profited more by selling it, the confidence you have it is in good hands will bring you great joy. And to top it off, a worthy trade with fine tobaccos and pipes! Well done sir! Good smoking.

Thank you...to know that long after I pass through the veil, somewhere in Indiana a student of woodworking will be using a wooden workbench made by someone they never knew pulls at my strings....my only hope is that he or she is a pipe smoker!

I find great comfort in the anonymity of that....maybe that is why old books with long forgotten dedications I find make me smile...every person has a story.

Every old estate pipe brought back to life had a previous owner who experienced all the joy and pain we each encounter daily, and that pipe probably brought great comfort to them.....and so the beat goes on....

M