What's new

She said that!!

Ozark Wizard

Old Ted Award Winner
Um, ask her opinion regarding her definition of "enough" pipes. Inform her of your definition. (Guess high. Figure double what she says plus 20%. The 20% is your safety cushion in the ensuing barter to compromise. Acquiesce to an additional ten percent off the double amount, provided there are concessions on her part. Don't let her nail you down to specific concessions at that time, you want your options open this early in the talks.

Oh, and be sure to tell her she's 'probably right', and you love her.

WWhermit

Be sure to tell her about the funny face she’s making when she gets mad at you. That one always calms my wife right down.
Um, ask her opinion regarding her definition of "enough" pipes. Inform her of your definition. (Guess high. Figure double what she says plus 20%. The 20% is your safety cushion in the ensuing barter to compromise. Acquiesce to an additional ten percent off the double amount, provided there are concessions on her part. Don't let her nail you down to specific concessions at that time, you want your options open this early in the talks.
I'll be buying 1.375 pipes if I use your formula! Some pipemaker is going to be pissed when I cut his pipe up.

tipofthelake

Have you ever seen the rain?
Patron
I recommend you start a fight about something totally unrelated. Definitely bring up some old sh1t and mention her weight

-single mountain man
This is similar to the advice I was going to give. There is a running joke among my friends where I will say something and one of them looks at me and yells "this is why you're single!" Well, sometimes it's a joke anyway.:hahaha-024:

Deadfrog

Wyrd bið ful aræd.
The big mistake was telling her you were going to buy a pipe in the first place. Always buy the pipe first and hope it's delivered without her knowing. Or, like I do, have them held for pick up at a local PO. It's much easier to explain debits to a shared account when the post isn't dropping off packages to your home several times a week!

I swear I should have been an accountant. I've gotten very creative with our expense account! :hahaha-024: