Shops

Mrm1775

Sales

Cramptholomew

It's, like, Phyllis Diller funny.
Sales

N80

Thanks guys. Its funny, I look at all the other shops above and think boy I wish I had that shop. I guess the grass is always greener. Well, I do wish I had that one metal lathe......that grass IS greener!

The lathe fit perfectly on that concrete shelf and is very sturdy. Perfect height for me as well. The drill press you can barely see in the third photo was my grandfather's and came with the house. It is also 90 years old. Not a precision instrument but that old black motor pulls like a mule.

Mrm1775

Sales
Thanks guys. Its funny, I look at all the other shops above and think boy I wish I had that shop. I guess the grass is always greener. Well, I do wish I had that one metal lathe......that grass IS greener!

The lathe fit perfectly on that concrete shelf and is very sturdy. Perfect height for me as well. The drill press you can barely see in the third photo was my grandfather's and came with the house. It is also 90 years old. Not a precision instrument but that old black motor pulls like a mule.
I think you have a nice set up and agree that the brick gives it an ultra cool look.

I definetely need to build shelves and organizers for my stuff

Mrm1775

Sales
I think I see a Dr. Pepper. :poke:

I like pencil sharpener. I see those and school memories come flooding it.
That DP is just a photo prop:bigyellowgrin:
I work for a school district and those are rare. We did a remodel and I snagged it as soon as I saw it, it was destined for the dumpster. Everything is electric now.

I noticed the dust collection system! Sweet. I have a shop vac with a long enough hose to be on the other side of a wall so it isn't too loud. I move the hose to whichever tool I'm using.
My dust collector is WAY quiter than a shop vac and does a much better job. Its a shopfox w1826 ordered from Amazon for $208, I already had the flex hose and fittings. I also built a thane seperator, between that and the 2.5 micron bag it stays pretty clean for as much sanding as goes on.

N80

A low speed high torque Foredom would be extremely useful. They are hard to find and expensive. I would love to have one. They also make high speed lower torque models which probably are no better than a Dremel.

Dremel seems to have a bad name among some pipe makers. I use mine a lot for rough shaping, especially in tight places. Mine is over twenty years old and has been as reliable as you could want. I even do slots with it......but it takes a practiced hand and more than a little luck.