Shortage of Mac Baren tobacco?

neild

My number one favourite tobacco is Mac Baren Classic Flake. There appears to be a world shortage of it; well, here in the UK anyway. Has anyone else noticed this, whether it be this particular tobacco, or Mac Baren tobaccos generally?

BSTpipes

That'll do, Pig.
Sales
I've not seen or heard anything, is the Classic Flake what used to be called Vanilla Flake? There are all kinds of crappy things going on, a war against "flavored" tobacco (to keep the children safe), but I hadn't heard anything particular about this one.

neild

I've not seen or heard anything, is the Classic Flake what used to be called Vanilla Flake? There are all kinds of crappy things going on, a war against "flavored" tobacco (to keep the children safe), but I hadn't heard anything particular about this one.
Yes, it used to be Vanilla Flake or Vanilla Cream, I think.
There is Mac Baren Classic Loose, which is the same stuff but not as flake and there is a but of that still available, though many appear to be out of stock of that also
It is probably some UK/EU trade war that is going on.

norniron

Looking at the description, it does look like Classic Flake and Classic Loose Cut are the new names for the old Vanilla Cream Flake and R/R.
It's rather complicated by the Classic Amber, which is the new name for the old Toffee Vanilla. It's hard to read anything into the present shortage here in the UK,
the other Macbarens blends seem available. We've never had the full Macbarens range here and it's not unusual for their blends to cease being available, Golden Blend and Dark Twist stopped coming in
a while back. Well before Brexit.

Top Bottom