What's new

Show off your Imp pipes

9 Iron

You all are a bunch of enablers. I've been on the fence about trying another IMP and this thread sealed the deal. I owned a couple, maybe a dozen years ago, and didn't like the constricted draw. They were both full bent pipes and one wouldn't pass a pipe cleaner at all, had gurgle issues with them. To be fair, I was fairly new to pipe smoking then and perhaps I was too quick to get rid of them. From what I'm hearing they are much improved now, so I ordered a short straight pipe (pic below) and will give them another shot. IMG_1613.PNG

Blackop555

You all are a bunch of enablers. I've been on the fence about trying another IMP and this thread sealed the deal. I owned a couple, maybe a dozen years ago, and didn't like the constricted draw. They were both full bent pipes and one wouldn't pass a pipe cleaner at all, had gurgle issues with them. To be fair, I was fairly new to pipe smoking then and perhaps I was too quick to get rid of them. From what I'm hearing they are much improved now, so I ordered a short straight pipe (pic below) and will give them another shot. View attachment 2325
That's what we're here for. That's an interesting one never saw a nosewarmer imp. What i have found with imp sometimes there is a bit of glue in the stem that causes a don't restriction. A good scrubbing with a bristle cleaner usually knocks it out.i have had that with a couple brands that have the fixed tenon. As for a bend one not passing a cleaner what I've found helps is when it gets to where it stops if i turn the stem 90° then you can feed it the rest of the way through.

Gunsmoke

I have four meerschaum pipes. 2 IMP's an SMS and a meerschaum Depot. The IMP's are by far the better pipes. The stem work is way better then the other two. But they are big. I don't often have time to dedicate to that long of a smoke. I wish IMP would make more traditional shapes and somewhat smaller pipes. The SMS is not a bad pipe but the stem is lacking, the meerschaum depot you can have, I have never heard a meerschaum that gurgles but I own one.

Deadfrog

Wyrd bið ful aræd.
Sales
You all are a bunch of enablers. I've been on the fence about trying another IMP and this thread sealed the deal. I owned a couple, maybe a dozen years ago, and didn't like the constricted draw. They were both full bent pipes and one wouldn't pass a pipe cleaner at all, had gurgle issues with them. To be fair, I was fairly new to pipe smoking then and perhaps I was too quick to get rid of them. From what I'm hearing they are much improved now, so I ordered a short straight pipe (pic below) and will give them another shot. View attachment 2325
Great score, love the plateau rim on that one!