What's new

Simply Red Update etc...

Ernie Q

Sales
So, as I've mentioned in other PSD threads, we've been making stockpiling Simply Red to a) Keep up with the demand and make more people happy at once and 2) to satisfy my own belief that Simply Red is a great base tobacco and should be utilized as a component in future blends.

I have a 55 Gallon drum and I'm averaging about 15 pounds every couple days. Should be up to 100 pounds by week's end and will then pressurize it and seal it and age for about 3-4 weeks. I will keep a 2 pound limit on it at first but hopefully I'll be able to lift that if things don't get too insane.

Rhythm & Blues: Stoved Virginia is ready to go, but waiting on Simply Red...which is a component of it. I have some SR put aside that has been aging for 2 weeks for R&B so we're about 2 weeks out on it.

What type of blends would you folks like to see using Simply Red as a base? I've got some ideas, but I'm always open to input!
E.

Ozark Wizard

So, as I've mentioned in other PSD threads, we've been making stockpiling Simply Red to a) Keep up with the demand and make more people happy at once and 2) to satisfy my own belief that Simply Red is a great base tobacco and should be utilized as a component in future blends.

I have a 55 Gallon drum and I'm averaging about 15 pounds every couple days. Should be up to 100 pounds by week's end and will then pressurize it and seal it and age for about 3-4 weeks. I will keep a 2 pound limit on it at first but hopefully I'll be able to lift that if things don't get too insane.

Rhythm & Blues: Stoved Virginia is ready to go, but waiting on Simply Red...which is a component of it. I have some SR put aside that has been aging for 2 weeks for R&B so we're about 2 weeks out on it.

What type of blends would you folks like to see using Simply Red as a base? I've got some ideas, but I'm always open to input!
E.
Don't get me started!:whistling:

Dquisenberry

E.
A vaper 😏

BootCampBob

E.
Something as similar to Son Off A Beach as possible, please. :thumb-yello:

NshanM

Oh boy, I don’t know how we can possibly make Simply Red any better?! It just Simply is the Best! I am thinking maybe add a nic-hit kick, and a maybe more body with Kentucky Fire Cured? I would like to fullfill those full body cravings after a nice hearth steak!

Last edited:

Hoosierpipeguy

E.
I agree that Simply Red can be an incredible blending base. R&B is a winner. I'm disappointed in the quantity and quality of Virginia Oriental blends out there. I realize the TOTY blend is an Oriental. More variations of VA OR blends would be my request.

NshanM

I agree that Simply Red can be an incredible blending base. R&B is a winner. I'm disappointed in the quantity and quality of Virginia Oriental blends out there. I realize the TOTY blend is an Oriental. More variations of VA OR blends would be my request.
Is R&B better than Simply Red? Never tried it. And what is TOTY stand for?

BootCampBob

@NshanM R&B is a variation using Simply Red as a base.
TOTY is the Tobacco Of The Year (named Off The Rails - OTR) that Ernie blended for the members here at Pipe Smokers Den. It was a limited run - pre-order blend that is aging now and will be sent to the members that took advantage of the pre-ordering period in a few weeks when the aging is complete. My understanding is that there will be no more made.
I believe there may be a few pounds extra for those few who missed out. @Spillproof would be the man to ask.

@Ernie Q blended all of the Watch City Cigar blends that we’re now enjoying.

Last edited:

tipofthelake

Have you ever seen the rain?
Patron
@NshanM R&B is a variation using Simply Red as a base.
TOTY is the Tobacco Of The Year (named Off The Rails - OTR) that Ernie blended for the members here at Pipe Smokers Den. It was a limited run - pre-order blend that is aging now and will be sent to the members that took advantage of the pre-ordering period in a few weeks when the aging is complete. My understanding is that there will be no more made.
I believe there may be a few pounds extra for those few who missed out. @Spillproof would be the man to ask.

@Ernie Q blended all of the Watch City Cigar blends that we’re now enjoying.
@dmkerr would be the fella to talk to. Spillproof is still recovering from the poy shenanigans and was probably more than happy not to be the shepherd of this particular herd of cats.