Smoking in the house?

highstump

Patron
We moved here for retirement, I fully intend to die here. Karen knows this, she is ok with my pipes, and she is the only person I feel any need to please. In the nice weather I'm generally outside anyway and when I'm not; I have a window and a fan. in the bad weather I keep the air purifier running. Karen doesn't complain and if anyone else does they always have the option of going home. :old:

Governator

When my parents split up temporarily they were legally separated for awhile my Dad smoked cigarettes in his apartment.

I remember having a sore throat staying over there and his bathroom walls dripping with tar.

At some point my Dad quit smoking indoors but a good chunk of my life my Dad smoked in our house sometimes you might find a cigarette bud in the toilet.

That was cigarette smoke not pipes or cigars which have a pleasant aroma.

I'm not against pipe smoking inside especially when it's cold or hot.

But otherwise I enjoy sitting outside especially with a good rain.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

When my parents split up temporarily they were legally separated for awhile my Dad smoked cigarettes in his apartment.

I remember having a sore throat staying over there and his bathroom walls dripping with tar.

At some point my Dad quit smoking indoors but a good chunk of my life my Dad smoked in our house sometimes you might find a cigarette bud in the toilet.

That was cigarette smoke not pipes or cigars which have a pleasant aroma.

I'm not against pipe smoking inside especially when it's cold or hot.

But otherwise I enjoy sitting outside especially with a good rain.
ain't nobody going to argue with the lived experience

skywalker

Smooth Criminal
Unless you're smoking in a hermetically sealed room, with ventilation being pumped directly outside the house and not fed back into the central AC/Heater ducts, you're going to get smoke in the house. If I had a work shed, I'd smoke in there. Because I do not, I prefer to smoke outside the house.

If you're going to build a smoking room in the house, then I'd highly recommend leather furniture and hardwood floors. Carpet and fabric will retain and release tobacco smells indefinitely, and there is little you can do about it.

Bach6032

Unless you're smoking in a hermetically sealed room, with ventilation being pumped directly outside the house and not fed back into the central AC/Heater ducts, you're going to get smoke in the house. If I had a work shed, I'd smoke in there. Because I do not, I prefer to smoke outside the house.

If you're going to build a smoking room in the house, then I'd highly recommend leather furniture and hardwood floors. Carpet and fabric will retain and release tobacco smells indefinitely, and there is little you can do about it.
@skywalker You'll get a lot of agreement on your position.

Yes, yes...I know: the guy in the video below must've spent a princely amount and he certainly invested a goodly amount of time outfitting his room. And he's a cigar smoker, not a pipe smoker. But what a room. Watch and enjoy.

You're welcome.

BlueMaxx

"Foo Was Here"
Patron

You bring up a good point...I have stone (stucco) walls and a brick floor with very little cloth upholstery and I close the air vents in the room when I light up.....I have a small air purifier from Wally World and if the temp allows crack the window and smoke next to it.
Also use those smokers candles...they do work.

I had a friend over who is a cigarette smoker, and although he doesn’t smoke inside my place the room reeked go cigarettes.
Also those above me say they never smell it...plus I try to stick to aromatics that are not as offensive.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

The question is how much money do you really lose when selling I have no clue? I smoke in the house because outside is not always a joy an I think my hobby should be fun. This is the difference between an addiction and a hobby.
I would expect to lose nothing if you make the necessary maintenance...

Just as with anything else in a house, if you don't maintain it, the folks looking to purchase it are going to ask for concessions