What's new

Snuff carry methods

StillLearning

We had a thread like this at PSF. New site, new members, let's bring It up again?

I used a old (well cleaned) dip can for months when I first started. Made a little snuff spoon to fit inside it. Recently I've used an empty silver dollar turn tin. I love how quick and discreet it can be. Consistent dose seems to be tricky but I can usually get pretty close.

What do you prefer?

JRobert

Nuclear Moderator
Staff member
On the old forum, @Johnny Dingo had a great thread about various containers he found at Michaels craft store. I think he even had a belt that several of the containers fit into. Craft stores have lots of small containers for beads, paints, and such.

I don't travel with snuff much, but when I did I bought some small travel containers at Walmart. I made a little spoon from a dowel.

WalkinStick

Not a daisy at all
Sales
Patron
Old Ted Award Winner
these waterproof match containers that also have a million other uses when camping, especially as containers for salt and other seasonings.
Way the hell off topic, but I have a system for these when I go camping.

I fill different colored straws with different seasonings. Heat the ends up and pinch them shut with a pair of needle nose. Make a notecard with what color is what seasoning (clear=salt, yellow=lemon pepper, etc.) and stuff a handful of the straws and the card in one of those waterproof match tubes. Makes camping meals a hell of a lot more flavorful.

Zembla

I fill different colored straws with different seasonings. Heat the ends up and pinch them shut with a pair of needle nose. Make a notecard with what color is what seasoning (clear=salt, yellow=lemon pepper, etc.) and stuff a handful of the straws and the card in one of those waterproof match tubes. Makes camping meals a hell of a lot more flavorful.
I used to do the same thing with straws, but found the match containers to be just so darn convenient.

JustScott

Nice! This is a good backpacking solution. I'm always looking for ways to reduce bulk in my pack, that's a great idea.
On topic: I have a double-action plastic snuffbox I got off Amazon. I've read reviews of them that are all over the map, it seems to work really well for me.